Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1758 and LPCopen quick start guides

Jump to solution
thomasbrickell
Contributor II

Hello all,

Total noob to nxpresso so please forgive if the answer is in front of my face.

I have just downloaded nxpxpresso and am trying to set up to develop for a LPC1758 (it is used on a existing custom board). I have followed a  thread here that shows how to import LPC open examples. The closest chip I could find was for the LPC1769. Examples all use LPC1769.

Looking at the data sheet of the LPC1769 and comparing to the LPC1758 (desired target) the main difference seems to be on the AHB to ABP bridge 1 peripherals (lower half of) order. The memory map seems to be more or less the same on initial inspection except that the datasheet of 1769 seems to be clipped so  I can't check all addresses. Given this fact is there anything I should have to change in the projects?

There is reference to the LPCOpen V2.xx quick start guides that may be helpful but I all the links I find to these are dead.  Could anyone link me to the guide.

All of the other guides seems to assume their is a specific  SDK available. I could use some guidance as to where to go after following the thread linked above.

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Brickell ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Given this fact is there anything I should have to change in the projects?
-- Actually, you needn't do some changes, however.
2) I've attached a document that describes the LPCOpen Platform software API and examples for NXP LPC17XX/40XX family of microcontrollers.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Brickell ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Given this fact is there anything I should have to change in the projects?
-- Actually, you needn't do some changes, however.
2) I've attached a document that describes the LPCOpen Platform software API and examples for NXP LPC17XX/40XX family of microcontrollers.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

thomasbrickell
Contributor II

Thanks Jeremy.  I am sure I will have many more question as I work though this but that is a great bit of information.

0 Kudos