Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install error SDK 2.9.1 with IDE 11.3 under windows

Jump to solution
edcloudcycle
Contributor III

Hi,

I can't get the MCUXpresso IDE to import the 2.9.1 SDK. I have downloaded (and redownloaded) the latest MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.0 [Build 5222] [2021-01-11] and it installs ok.

I then downloaded the latest 2.9.1 SDK for IMX8MM from the SDK builder but dragging the archive onto the IDE or prompting the IDE to copy from a folder both fail.

I have attached images of versions and error messages.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

The thing is that the SDK for the i.MX8 does not include support for the IDE, only for gcc command line tools:

ErichS_0-1617174241089.png

So no IDE projects supported that way.

It would need this:

ErichS_1-1617174346661.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
edcloudcycle
Contributor III

Actually maybe this SDK is not compatible with MCUXpresso. Which seems weird. Does anyone know what is going on? Will an integrated version become available?

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

The thing is that the SDK for the i.MX8 does not include support for the IDE, only for gcc command line tools:

ErichS_0-1617174241089.png

So no IDE projects supported that way.

It would need this:

ErichS_1-1617174346661.png

0 Kudos
edcloudcycle
Contributor III

Thanks ErichS, I think you need some experience with the process to notice that icon is missing. Do you know if they plan to add support?

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

No, I don't know that.

And it depends what you are targeting for development. Eclipse and MCUXpresso IDE is capable to do anything :-), and the SDK with the IDE supports the M7 in the i.MX RT parts out of the box. For i.MX parts with a A core and an M core it heavily depends on the combination and the needed scripting files.

I'm doing FreeRTOS on M4 in the i.MX7 (https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/10/23/tutorial-running-freertos-on-nxp-i-mx7dual-cortex-m4f/) but for this the IDE is not really needed. I use it as well for cross development (Linux application development) on A parts: this is easily possible with the extra installation of the Cortex-A toolchain and using the standard Eclipse CDT GDB support or using a J-Link with the Eclipse CDT MCU plugins. It just requires some extra setup.

Erich

0 Kudos