Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8QM M4 enable with cortex-A53

Jump to solution
rahulM
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am new to nxp, i am trying to flash M4 with cortex-A53.

Please let me know procedure, how to flash both free RTOS and Linux on cortex-A53.

Please find the attachment i followed steps to flash m4. I need to identify how m4 will be running and cortex-A53.

rahulsubbu_0-1610628350709.png

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanya N M

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rahulM
Contributor IV

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your steps to flash both M4 core image and rootfs.wic.bz to flash using UUU tool for emmc.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanya N M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rahulM
Contributor IV

Hi Aldo,

I build m4 image with imx-mkimage tool and generated flash.bin and rootfs.wic.bz and u-boot.spl by yocto framework.

I tried to flash uuu -b emmc_all flash.bin rootfs.wic.biz

binary is flashing rootfs is not flashing some times, only i am able to see hello world on 2nd terminal but linux is not booting

Please let me know shall I need to build roots.wic.bz and u-boot.spl with imx-mkimage tool?. Please let me know the procedure.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanya N M

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As per your log, it seems you have done the steps correctly, have you checked that the M4 uart is displaying the hello world?

When debug uart is connected to the PC it should detect 2 ports one for Cortex-A and the other for Cortex-M, I'll recommend to open both ports and check that the code is running correctly.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
rahulM
Contributor IV

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your reply, I will check with another UART port to see hello world print.

Also I want to flash M4 image/application and Linux image(cortex-A53) using UUU tool or any other flashing method. I want to boot m4 core first before Linux was booting. I am struggling to find steps to flash m4 image and Linux image to my emmc before power ON.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanya N M

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You may refer to this guide:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX8-Boot-process-and-creating-a-bootab...

There you'll learn on how to create a flash.bin which have m4 binary image packed that can be downloaded using UUU as any uboot binary
uuu -b emmc_all flash.bin rootfs.sdcard

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
rahulM
Contributor IV

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your steps to flash both M4 core image and rootfs.wic.bz to flash using UUU tool for emmc.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanya N M

0 Kudos