FlexCAN API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN API

seanbzd
Contributor I

Hi, I have 2 MIMXRT1064-EVK boards and I'm planning to test FLEXCAN communication between the two. I see the IMXRT1064RM.pdf(reference manual) but I do not see any MCUXpresso SDK API reference for FLEXCAN.  I'm able to run the CAN loopback demo using 1 board. I'm looking for some API reference guide (not reference manual) to use the FLEXCAN. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sean bzd

There is a flexcan_interrupt_transfer example code that is designed to run in two boards connected, you can base your project in this demo. Also, you can download the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual that is included in the .zip package from the builder page: Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Hope this helps
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

seanbzd
Contributor I

Thanks a lot TIC. The flexcan_interrupt_transfer example code is what I was looking for. 

I also downloaded the SDK but do not see any documentation on the FLEXCAN in the MCUXpresso SDK I'm building it for the MIMXRT1064-EVK. board e.g. I would like to know what this function does:FLEXCAN_FDInit(). Where can I find it. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sean bzd

The FLEXCAN_FDInit() is the init function for the CAN with FD protocol, you can also find an example under canfd

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

seanbzd
Contributor I

Thanks Jorge, but you misunderstood my question. I would like to know where I can find the documentation for all FLEXCAN_xxx functions. 

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sean bzd

Yes, you can find the documentation in the SDK builder page, when you download the SDK package, you can select the documentation. In this package, you will have an "MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual_MIMXRT1064.pdf"

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Kudos