Enabling the PING_USE_SOCKETS to "1" we were not able to receive the ping (lwip_dhcp_usb).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling the PING_USE_SOCKETS to "1" we were not able to receive the ping (lwip_dhcp_usb).

Sanjay1993
Contributor I

Software development environment

SDK version SDK_2_13_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK
IDE version MCUXpresso IDE v11.7.0

Hardware used
1. MIMXRT1170-EVK
2. a. Smartphone - OPPO A76 - USB tethering enabled
b. Android version - 13

Testing method
To analyze resource requirement we used "evkmimxrt1170_lwip_dhcp_usb_freertos" example code..
After changing the #define USB_HOST_CONFIG_CONFIGURATION_MAX_INTERFACE 5 to 10, we were able to detect the RNDIS device.
We are getting ping receive while using the ping_raw_init(); is enabled inside the ping_init(&currentaddr); function.

When we enable the PING_USE_SOCKETS to "1" the sys_thread_new("ping_thread", ping_thread, NULL, DEFAULT_THREAD_STACKSIZE, DEFAULT_THREAD_PRIO); is enabled.

In this mode, DHCP and DNS are working fine as expected but not able to receive the ping from the server(www.nxp.com).
We are attaching the screenshots for your reference
1. PING_USE_SOCKET Disabled.png
2. PING_USE_SOCKET Enabled.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

simon71
Contributor I

Hi @Sanjay1993,

I'm currently facing the same issue on the MIMXRT1160-EVK using a LTE cellular module working as an RNDIS devis, but I can also reproduce it using a smartphone like you did.

Did you manage to find the root cause of the issue?

@jingpan, this issue is still present with SDK_2_14_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK. Do you know if it's being investigated by NXP team?

On the remote server, I'm using tcpdump to see incoming ICMP packet, and no echo request is received by the server, so I guess there is a problem with RNDIS ethernet_output as well.

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sanjay1993 ,

Yes, it seems there is ethernet_output packet, but no ethernet_input packet when use socket ping. The example only verified sequential API mode, but not SOCKET mode. I guess there is some problem in the packet.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos