Demo_apps in SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ cannot be compiled with arm-gnu-toolchain-12.2.rel1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo_apps in SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ cannot be compiled with arm-gnu-toolchain-12.2.rel1

vix
Contributor II

I downloaded SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ for mu Ubuntu 22.04 and I was able to compile the several demo_apps for board evkmimx8mm using the toolchain gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-eabi. After I installed the new toolchain arm-gnu-toolchain-12.2.rel1-x86_64-arm-none-eabi the demo_apps cannot be compiled anymore with this kind of errors:

/home/ubuntu/mcuxpresso/iMX8M-Mini/SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ/devices/MIMX8MM6/utilities/fsl_sbrk.c:22:1: error: unknown type name 'caddr_t'

22 | caddr_t _sbrk(int incr);

and moreover

/home/ubuntu/mcuxpresso/iMX8M-Mini/SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ/devices/MIMX8MM6/utilities/fsl_sbrk.c:38:10: error: 'uintptr_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
38 | if ((uintptr_t)heap_end + (uintptr_t)incr > (uintptr_t)(&heap_limit))
| ^~~~~~~~~
/home/ubuntu/mcuxpresso/iMX8M-Mini/SDK_2_12_1_MIMX8MM3xxxLZ/devices/MIMX8MM6/utilities/fsl_sbrk.c:11:1: note: 'uintptr_t' is defined in header '<stdint.h>'; did you forget to '#include <stdint.h>'?
10 | #include <errno.h> +++ |+#include <stdint.h> 11 | #endif

Does the SDK need a fix?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use our verified compiler version

0 Kudos

vix
Contributor II

I understand NXP position, but I want to highlight a couple of things:

vix_1-1672645302126.png

• At Arm GNU Toolchain Downloads – Arm Developer you can find the up-to-date release of the toolchain (I'm sure you already know it)
  • The reason why I tried the new release is that the old ones has issues (with GDB) with the recent Ubuntu 22.04

I understand that you can "force" the developer to stay with old well-tested release of toolchain, but soon or later an update is necessary (for whatever reason).

Is there any chance that a newer release is validated with SDK in the next few months?

0 Kudos