Changelog for SDK Versions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changelog for SDK Versions

amwilhite
Contributor III

Where can I find a changelog that summarizes the differences between SDK versions? The MCUXpresso SDK Release Notes feature a changelog for the RTOS, each Middleware library, and each individual driver, but I haven't found anywhere that gives a summary as to which of those items have changed in each release.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

josephzhou1
Contributor V

if customer like you nxp should provide it for him,  customer is always correct, you r always wrong

Best Regards,
Joseph Zhou Jianhui / Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Singapore

p_shep
Contributor IV

Bumping this as it's a real pain to find out if the latest version has any relevant changes in it.

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Austin,

When you download SDK package, please also download SDK documentation. There is a release note in the documentation package. It record all the drivers and middleware's version.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi @jingpan ,

I'd like to add comments for considering (using SDK_2.x_LPC5526 by way of example).

1. Document Title

Are you referring to the document titled "MCUXpresso SDK Release Notes for LPCXpresso55S28", i.e.,

danielholala_0-1643189331003.png

I think not as this document does not contain drivers and middleware version numbers.

Rather, you are referring to the document that has a very similar title "MCUXpresso SDK Release Notes supporting LPCXpresso55S28", i.e., 

danielholala_1-1643189760047.png

The titles are confusing and ambiguous. Who decides these document titles? 🥴 It's not even matching the PDF's file name.

It may be nitpicking but in my opinion, the latter document should bear the simple title "MCUXpresso SDK Changelog" instead. That's much clearer and matches the name as shown in the MCUXpresso IDE menu.

2. Identify Changed Versions

This is how the "Change Logs" document looks like:

danielholala_2-1643191149731.png

Why don't you mark changed driver version, e.g., by emphasis (bold text) or just note the SDK-Version after the version number?

3. Missing FreeRTOS Changelog

Why is the changelog for FreeRTOS not included in this document? Instead it is kept in a separate text file that resides outside the doc path:

SDK_2_11_0_LPC5526\rtos\freertos\freertos_kernel\ChangeLogKSDK.txt

4. Download SDK Documentation Separately

Using MCUXpresso SDK Builder I cannot download SDK documentation separately any more for SDK V2.11, see screenshot:

danielholala_3-1643193227247.png

Why is this?

Thanks.
Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

amwilhite
Contributor III

Jing,

I mentioned the release notes in my original question. Rather than release notes for individual drivers and middlewares, are there release notes that summarize the changes between the SDK versions? Example: SDK 2.6.1 updates the following: UART driver updated from 0.1 to 0.2, USB Stack Updated from 1.1 to 1.2, etc. Right now, it is not clear which drivers were updated in each SDK release unless you compare the release notes from each SDK version, which is not a trivial task.

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry but there isn't such a document. You have to compare release notes in each SDK version.

Regards,

Jing