Can't load SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load SDK

tom_orsi1
Contributor II

I can't load the SDK_2.6.0_EVK-MIMX8MM into version 11.0 of mcuxpressoide. 

I receive an error that its not a valid SDK format. When I download the file I get a .tar.gz and not a .zip which is the required filter if the sdk is to be loaded by compressed file, but I make an attempt at expanding the .tar.gz and load file folder and get the described error.

Tom

pastedImage_1.png

I verified the same issue comes up with the Windows Based IDE and the .zip file for IMX8 SDK.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, the MCUXpresso IDE doesn't yet support i.MX8 devices. The error message is not ideal.  I'll ask the dev team to improve it.

Just  wonder, did you see the MCUXpresso IDE as an available toolchain on the MCUXpresso Web Builder? It should not be listed for i.MX8 devices.

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

The SDK available for the i.MX8MM it is not for the complete device, it is only for use with the Cortex M4,  that it is going to be handle as peripheral in Linux,  so the SDK it is only for the M4 and need to handle into Linux. Not directly as the IDE with other LPC or Kinetis devices.

I apologize for the confusion.

0 Kudos

tom_orsi1
Contributor II

James,

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't really explain to me if I can use the IDE to write M4 code, if I can debug using the IDE on the M4? Can you please provide instructions or point me to instructions on using the "M4 as a peripheral on Linux"? 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos