Bug updating C project file when updating to MIMXRT1176xxxx SDK v2.11.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug updating C project file when updating to MIMXRT1176xxxx SDK v2.11.0

JohnDel
Contributor I

When updating a MIMXRT1176xxxx project from sdk 2.10.5 mcuxpresso version 11.1.1 to

sdk 2.11.0 and IDE 11.15.0 

the flags at the beginning of "other flags" field are deleted/overwritten. 

JohnDel_0-1642794448600.png

JohnDel_1-1642794577340.png

The compile line now attempts to run the linker because the "-c" is removed.
A workaround is simply to copy over the missing flags.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JohnDel
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Yes, I used SDK2.11 and IDE 11.15.0 (required by sdk2.11) to try to update the project.That's where the failure happens. If you compile the project under IDE 11.15.0 without updating the components from the new SDK, it compiles correctly.

I thought I uploaded the project so your team could try the update process but I don't see it above? As a note, the project was supplied as a demo by Avnet in support of their MaaxRT board design which is based on the EVKMIMXrt1170 EVK. I have permission to supply it to you. I did not personally write this code.

I started the process of trying a fresh project and importing the code but that didn't go well. 

Some observations:

• Specifying LVGL imports V8.0. Your GUI-Guider tool outputs v7.0 code. It's easy enough to swap out the library but...
  • Specifying drivers doesn't setup pin mapping. Example, if you specify the MIPI driver, why wouldn't pin_mux.c have the initialization. If  you import the MIPI example project, the IO pins are initialized. This would result in having to bring in and merge individual projects to do a complete.

The last point is where I stopped. This project uses many of the peripherals on the board and it would take a great deal of time to wade through it. I understand there is a pin configuration tool. Is there a project that sets up all of the pins for the default peripherals on the EVK board?

Regards,

John

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JohnDel ,

If you just import the SDK2.11.0 demo, no issues, right?

And, if you use your customer demo, which update the SDK to the newest one, then you meet issues, right?

If this situation, I suggest you use the SDK2.11.0 demo as the base, then add your customer code again to the new SDK project, whether this method still have issues or not?

I import one new project with SDK2.11.0 with MCUXPRESSO 11.5.0, no compilies issues.

kerryzhou_0-1644203114437.png

So, you need to check your installed SDK, do you update the SDK to the newest version?

About your suggest, it is determined by our SDK team plan of the detail component version.

The driver normally just add the related fsl_xxx.c/.h, to the pinmux, you need to use the periperal tool to add it, or add the code in the pinmux.c directly.

Or you can copy the related demo pinmux.c to your own project.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regardards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JohnDel 

Thanks for your reporting.

If you use the SDK2.11.0 import to the new MCUXPresso IDE, whether you still have these issues or not?

We suggest you use the newest SDK2.11.0 project directly then add your other custom code.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos