Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in lpspi driver?

Jump to solution
imxrtuser
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I was just testing the LPSPI driver and realized that the clock cycles in register LPSPI1>SCKPCS, PCSSCK and DBT get set wrong. I think there is a bug in the function LPSPI_MasterSetDelayTimes of the fsl_lpspi.c SDK driver.

I am using SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1020_FreeRTOS with fsl_lpspi driver version

#define FSL_LPSPI_DRIVER_VERSION (MAKE_VERSION(2, 0, 4))

If you look at the function the variable realDelay is of type uint32_t. On line 658 of fsl_lpspi.c the variable gets set to

realDelay = 1000000000U;

which is roughly maximum value of uint32_t divided by four and on line 659 realDelay gets multiplied by the scaler plus some offset

realDelay *= (scaler + 1U + additionalScaler);

The scaler will start with 0 and go up to 255 which will result in too large data.

If I change the data type of realDelay (and I think the same problem is true for bestDelay) to uint64_t I get the correct result. Is this enough or do I have to change anything else?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stefan,

You are correct, this issue will be reported for the next version of SDK. You can also refer to this thread: LPSPI Delay calculation error (fsl_lpspi.c - v2.7.0) 

Thanks for your feedback!

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stefan,

You are correct, this issue will be reported for the next version of SDK. You can also refer to this thread: LPSPI Delay calculation error (fsl_lpspi.c - v2.7.0) 

Thanks for your feedback!

Have a great day,
Felipe

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
imxrtuser
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Felipe!

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos