cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to view registers because of bright background

Jump to solution
robertmorrison
Contributor II

I have the latest mcuxpresso 11.4, and am able to set colors for almost everything so that I don't see blinding white windows. However, when displaying registers using the MIMXRT1062 EVK board, I cannot see changed registers after a single-step or run, because the background is bright yellow with yellow text. I have searched through every possible menu for setting colors, windows/preferences/appearances/colors and fonts, also Editors/text editors annotations, run/debug console, etc etc, but cannot find anywhere that will make it so I can see the registers. (side note: it would be nice if colors were ALL set in one place so I don't spend so much time traversing every possible menu tree item)

How do I fix this--either disable highlight register on change, or fix the changed register background? I also would like to fix the hard fault window, which also comes up bright white and I cannot find anywhere where this color can be fixed.

Thank you, fixing this will make a big difference in mcuxpresso usability...

1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @robertmorrison ,

(side note: it would be nice if colors were ALL set in one place so I don't spend so much time traversing every possible menu tree item)

Not sure if you already have checked my article about it on https://mcuoneclipse.com/2020/10/20/tweaking-mcuxpresso-ide-black-theme/ ?

So there *is* a setting for this, the 'black' or 'dark' theme (see above article).

Note that the above article has been written with IDE 11.2.1 in mind, and since then (actual version is 11.4.1) things have even more improved, and the 'default dark' view for the registers looks like this in it:

ErichS_0-1632033520783.png

If you would like to change that yellow color: there is a setting (see above article, one of the last sections).

ErichS_1-1632033682780.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @robertmorrison ,

(side note: it would be nice if colors were ALL set in one place so I don't spend so much time traversing every possible menu tree item)

Not sure if you already have checked my article about it on https://mcuoneclipse.com/2020/10/20/tweaking-mcuxpresso-ide-black-theme/ ?

So there *is* a setting for this, the 'black' or 'dark' theme (see above article).

Note that the above article has been written with IDE 11.2.1 in mind, and since then (actual version is 11.4.1) things have even more improved, and the 'default dark' view for the registers looks like this in it:

ErichS_0-1632033520783.png

If you would like to change that yellow color: there is a setting (see above article, one of the last sections).

ErichS_1-1632033682780.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos