om25180fdk(pn5180) which pins to use for i2c display?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

om25180fdk(pn5180) which pins to use for i2c display?

tae_kim
Contributor I

pn5180fdk.png

Which pins do you recommend to use to connect a i2c oled panel?

Also, which files in a given NFClibrary example should be modified to accomodate addition of a display?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

tae_kim
Contributor I

Thank you, I am testing out using I2C1 and it seems to be stuck in I2C "busy" after calling Chip_I2C_MasterSend.

After looking at 2 posts regarding similar issue: 

Problem with I2C in LPCExpresso 1347 - STATUS BUSY 

Simple example LPCOpen I2C 

I assume that I also have to "deassert" i2c in order to access peripherals. What is the equivalent of "Chip_SYSCTL_DeassertPeriphReset(RESET_I2C0)" in LPC1769?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tae,

Looks like it is more than a NFC question or MCUXpresso IDE question, please kindly share your thread to LPC Microcontrollers for further help.

I am not expertise on LPC, but LPC has many serials , so maybe you should refer to the proper sample of I2C demo as a starting point. Please kindly refer to LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX | NXP for details.

Hope that help,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The on board serial EEPROM is I2C interfaced but not installed, you may use this I2C interface with your I2C OLED panel. 

pastedImage_1.png

This I2C interface is connected with I2C port from the host controller LPC1769.

pastedImage_2.png

The driver code is from the lpcopen library embedded in the NFC reader library, you needn't modify the source code, just use its API to initialize the interface and then drive the panel.

pastedImage_3.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

tae_kim
Contributor I

Hello, thank you for the information.

If I want to utilize i2c device in NFC example "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop"

What would I need to modify in "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop.c" file to begin?

I am new to developing on NFC board and have lots of questions, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am sorry, but there is no info on that topic,  but I think you may refer to LPCopen's I2C demo code for reference.

LPCOpen Libraries and Examples | NXP 

To initialize your panel, I think you may put the initial code right before where the demo starts.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

tae_kim
Contributor I

On the picture you provided on 1st reply:
I cannot identify the ports named "SDA" and "SCL" on my OM25180FDK board(Pictured in original question), Which pins in the picture would I need to use? And if necessary changes I need to make in software?

Also, If I were to use SPI interface for OLED, is there potential collision between the OLED display and the PN5180 antenna?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hey Tae,

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

IC202 is what you should look at.

pastedImage_1.png

Please note where the pin 1 starts and you may easily locate the I2C interface as well as other signals.

pastedImage_2.png

It is not recommended using the same SPI for both PN5180 and the OLED module, as it leads to conflicts. you have to use another SPI for the OLED module, but as these signals have no trace out so it is hard for soldering.

pastedImage_3.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

tae_kim
Contributor I

If I am using those exposed pins on IC202 for SCL and SDA, would it be "I2C0","I2C1", or "I2C2" that needs to be addressed to? 

And if I want to send initialized commands to sd1336 oled, would using the function multiple times in a row:

int Chip_I2C_MasterSend(I2C_ID_T id, uint8_t slaveAddr, const uint8_t *buff, uint8_t len)

with single commands work?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hey Tae,

If I am using those exposed pins on IC202 for SCL and SDA, would it be "I2C0","I2C1", or "I2C2" that needs to be addressed to? 

- It should be I2C1. Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10360.pdf  for details.

pastedImage_2.png

And if I want to send initialized commands to sd1336 oled, would using the function multiple times in a row:

int Chip_I2C_MasterSend(I2C_ID_T id, uint8_t slaveAddr, const uint8_t *buff, uint8_t len)

with single commands work?

- It depends on if this oled can be initialized in one I2C frame, please check with sd1336's tech support for further help.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos