Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory regions - IMXRT1060

Jump to solution
lotek_paul
Contributor I

Hello all.

I'm setting up a test project for the imxrt1060 evk, and I'm getting this error when building:

gfx_test.axf section `NonCacheable' will not fit in region `SRAM_DTC'

region `SRAM_DTC' overflowed by 921984 bytes

The project is pretty much just the elcdif example code that has been refactored and added to a brand new project created within the IDE. The original sample project builds and runs just fine.

I have built this code using Keil uVision, and it works fine from that environment, however that was some time ago and I dont recall whether I needed to futz with this back then.

I'm afraid I'm a little out of my depth here. I've searched the ide user guide - that pointed me to the Project->Properties->c/c++ Build->MCU settings panel, but both the working and the failing projects have the same (default) settings.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lotek_paul
Contributor I

Ok, Ive found the problem.

I find I have to provide some extra info to define the memory layout; Project->Properties->Settings->Managed Linker Script, in the 'Extra Linker Script' section.

I copied the settings from the EVK example project into my test project.

Note: The settings I used are specific to the elcdif SDK sample project. If anybody is looking for a solution to a similar problem, but with different code, the settings you need will be different to those I used.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lotek_paul
Contributor I

Ok, Ive found the problem.

I find I have to provide some extra info to define the memory layout; Project->Properties->Settings->Managed Linker Script, in the 'Extra Linker Script' section.

I copied the settings from the EVK example project into my test project.

Note: The settings I used are specific to the elcdif SDK sample project. If anybody is looking for a solution to a similar problem, but with different code, the settings you need will be different to those I used.

Thanks.

0 Kudos