mcuxpresso debug flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuxpresso debug flash

paul_roberts
Contributor III

I'm working with Kinetis K22F Freedom Board.  After I convert my .axf output file to .s19, I append a CRC32 value to the s-record, then convert the .s19 file to .bin.  When I debug, I would like to program flash using either the .s19 or the .bin file which contain the appended CRC32 vale, so that I can see it when I view memory in the debugger, and I can debug my CRC32 algorithm.  I can see that the original .axf file is essentially a binary file with debug information in it.  How can I would like to force the debugger to program flash a different output file so that this gets done.  Any suggestions are much appreciated! Cheers. Paul.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

my suggestion would be to program it with the 'Program to flash' function, see Using Eclipse to Program Binary Files to an Embedded Target | MCU on Eclipse 

Then you still can debug it: for this, only use the symbols in the debug configuration without loading the binary. Or use the 'attach' functionality, see 'attaching' in Overview of MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Paul Roberts ,

How about first download the s19 file:

pastedImage_1.png

then using "Connectin to a running Target (attach)" to debug it , about the detail please have a look at

11.3.2 Connecting to a running Target (attach) of <MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf> .

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos