lpc845 board not conecting linkserver can´t target mcu

Jump to solution
emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

hello everybody 

I´m trying to debug an LPC845-BREAKOUT board but this error messages appears:

Cannot write to server: not open

Cannot write to server: not open
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.getWriter(RedlinkServerClient.java:567)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.writeln(RedlinkServerClient.java:1203)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.send(RedlinkServerClient.java:978)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1030)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1016)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1003)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.probeList(RedlinkServerClient.java:913)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.common.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.discoverEmulators(RedlinkServerEmuHandler.java:197)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.win.AbstractWinServerProbe.discoverEmulators(AbstractWinServerProbe.java:72)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getEmus(EmulatorsDB.java:255)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getEmulatorInfo(EmulatorsDB.java:195)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getAvailableEmulators(EmulatorsDB.java:127)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.getAvailableEmulators(TargetDiscovery.java:511)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.probeDiscovery(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:612)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.checkProbe(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:937)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.promptDiscovery(AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.java:1230)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(AbstractNXPLaunchConfigHandler.java:1339)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:467)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:287)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createMissingLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:319)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.NXPLaunchConfigUtils.createLaunchConfigurations(NXPLaunchConfigUtils.java:759)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.QSDebug.linkSelected(QSDebug.java:266)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.ui.QSLinkAction$2.run(QSLinkAction.java:139)
at com.crt.quickstart.views.links.ui.QSExpandBarSection$4.linkActivated(QSExpandBarSection.java:277)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleActivate(AbstractHyperlink.java:215)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.ImageHyperlink.handleActivate(ImageHyperlink.java:212)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleMouseUp(AbstractHyperlink.java:309)
at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.lambda$3(AbstractHyperlink.java:117)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4131)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1056)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3944)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3547)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:635)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:559)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.ide.application.MCUXApplication.start(MCUXApplication.java:42)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)

I´m running mcuxpresso with a windows 7 ultimate  sp1 64 bits

0 Kudos
1 Solution
emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

Hi Diego, I´m doing fine, thanks for ask so fast. How are you?

I proceed to answer  your sugestions one by one.

Were you able to debug before or this is the first time ?

It is my first time.

Which MCUxpresso IDE version are you using?

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1_3241

Please, review the following  suggestions.

• Try to disable the Windows Firewall or/and antivirus

Done

• If possible, try to debug on a machine with  Windows 10.

I´m making a partition to install windows 10 64 bits

• Try deleting previous  debug .launch files.

I have no idea how to do this

• Make sure the board is properly powered and USB cable  enables data transmission.

Done question: Do I have to connect any jumper on the board?

• Check how the on board debug probe is enumerated on the  Windows device manager.

I attach you the following picture. It is on Com 8 baud rate 9600 data bites 8 parity none stop bit 1 flux control none.

respuesta diego.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emiliano,

I hope you are doing well :smileyhappy:

Could you help me with the following?

• Try to disable the Windows Firewall or/and antivirus.
  • Make sure the board is properly powered and USB cable  enables data transmission.
  • Check how the on board debug probe is enumerated on the  Windows device manager.

Regards,

Diego

emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

Hi Diego, I´m doing fine, thanks for ask so fast. How are you?

I proceed to answer  your sugestions one by one.

It is my first time.

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1_3241

• Try to disable the Windows Firewall or/and antivirus

Done

I´m making a partition to install windows 10 64 bits

I have no idea how to do this

Done question: Do I have to connect any jumper on the board?

• Check how the on board debug probe is enumerated on the  Windows device manager.

I attach you the following picture. It is on Com 8 baud rate 9600 data bites 8 parity none stop bit 1 flux control none.

respuesta diego.png

0 Kudos
emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

It actually worked I´m so happy thank you so much  Diego

0 Kudos