lost project settings after restart MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost project settings after restart MCUXpresso

julie
Contributor I

I found out this the hard way and hope that it won't happen to other people and MCUXpresso IDE team fixes this in a future release. 

Yesterday I created a new MCUXpresso project on my Windows 7 PC and added my source files from  KDS project to the new project. And then I added my Build Variables and also added include directories to Paths and Symbols and applied the change. Everything went well and I was able to build and debug without any problem. Then I closed the IDE and restarted it, when I went to Properties, all my settings were gone.

The reason is that .cproject was read only, the settings were not saved, but the IDE did not give any warning when I closed the tool. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julie,

in addition,

The default .cproject file is read/write access for both KDS and MCUXpresso.

Can you please force .cproject file and other source files as readwrite then test again?

meanwhile, can you test the project in a new created workspace?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

julie
Contributor I

Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation for the last couple of days. Here is the log and two screen captures to show you the problem.

!SESSION 2017-04-11 07:58:26.579 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_111
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2017-04-11 07:58:44.050
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Duplicate id found: org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2017-04-11 07:58:44.054
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Unknown extension tag found: decorator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-04-11 07:58:45.419
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'P:\'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.core 1 0 2017-04-11 08:00:36.070
!MESSAGE Indexed 'MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project' (0 sources, 0 headers) in 0.002 sec: 0 declarations; 0 references; 0 unresolved inclusions; 0 syntax errors; 0 unresolved names (0%)

!ENTRY com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels 2 0 2017-04-11 08:00:37.586
!MESSAGE Overwriting file L/MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project/startup/startup_mk64f12.c
!SESSION 2017-04-11 08:20:48.391 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_111
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2017-04-11 08:20:56.338
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Duplicate id found: org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2017-04-11 08:20:56.343
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Unknown extension tag found: decorator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-04-11 08:20:59.617
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'P:\'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

capture1.PNG

This screen shows that I have MY_TEST variable defined. Since the .cproject file is read only, the setting is not saved. I think the tool should at least warn the user about it. But I never got any warning about it. After I quit the tool and relaunch it, the setting is gone as shown below.

Again my question is not about read/write access, my question is about if settings can't be saved, why the tool does not warn user about it?

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julie,

we have never seen such problem in the IDE: basically, all the settings changed in the project are applied and saved in the .cproject file. This file is always accessible for read and write and I was wondering if something else has made the file read-only.

Could you please attach the .log file? you can find it in <your workspace>/.metadata folder.

Ciao,

MCUXpresso IDE support team.

0 Kudos