Zoom not working in MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not working in MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0?

TheUncle
Contributor III

Hello community,

am I the only one having problems with text zoom on  MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0?

The commands "Window -> Editor -> Zoom In" and "Window -> Editor -> Zoom Out" used to work fine in v11.0.0, but not on v11.1.0 (clean install). They will change the settings (found in "Preferences -> General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts"), but not the appearance - i.e., text size on screen doesn't change, but settings are affected. Also, manually changing the text size from "Preferences -> General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts" has no effect until the IDE is restarted. Of course the shortucts "Ctrl + +" and "Ctrl + -" don't work as well.

This is a neat feature that possibly got broken - looking forward to get it back! :-)

Stefano

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies

bvanlishout
Contributor I

Dear support,

Is this fixed meanwhile?

Last comment is from January? Current release still seems to be IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12]

By the way, the "Toggle Block Selection Mode" seems to bring the font back to something usable in the editor window.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Current release is 11.1.1 b3241 (2020-03-02) and it has zoom fixed.

bvanlishout
Contributor I

Hi Erich,
Thanks for the tip. The reason I missed that is that "Check for updates" inside the MCUXpresso IDE did not report that new version but gave an error exactly while checking for possible updates.
I could install the new version though by directly going to the downloads section of the MCUXpresso website.

0 Kudos

bvanlishout
Contributor I

That problem still exists in the latest version by the way. (11.1.1)

MCUXpressoCheckForUpdatesError.jpg

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

not needed to provide details how to reproduce the "No repository ..." error. The update site for Config Tools 7.0 in IDE has been corrupted and has to be uploaded again. It will be fixed during hour or two, it is in progress.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Libor

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I think this is not related to this thread (zooming), right?

I suggest you start a new thread. And would be good if you could provide details how to reproduce this dialog.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for the report - we will investigate.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefano,

Thanks you for reminding. I'll report this bug. Hope we can get rid of this bug at next version.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Stefano,

enountered this yesterday too, so I can confirm what you see in 11.1.0. It works in 11.0.1, and this is my current workaround. If I find one for 11.1.0, I'll post it.

Erich

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @Stefano Voulaz,

I did a bit more of digging, and I have found out that the zoom-in/zoom-out gets applied when I restart the IDE.

So I can zoom, but I have to do a restart to get it applied as a workaround.

I hope this helps,

Erich