cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit test support?

Jump to solution
nathan4
Contributor II

Is there any unit test support for the MCUXpresso IDE?

I've tried the "Programming Languages --> C/C++ Unit Test Support 9.6.0.201811241055" from "Eclipse 2018-12 update site - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/2018-12/" which goes through the process but doesn't get installed or gives the error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: binary,MCUXpressoIDE.executable.gtk.linux.x86_64,11.0.0.201906051711

Is this repo or package incompatible?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can assume you have a decent internet connection? Problems can occur if the connection drops frequently.

For this I'm creating a local clone of the update repository: Replicating an Eclipse Update Site for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse 

Just in case, if this helps in your case.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
drsmith_yorku
Contributor III

Hi,

am trying to figure out where this option in located in MCUXpresso 11.0.3.  I'd like to see how to work with Unit Testing in MCUXpresso

thanks,

James

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

You need to install a plug-in as the support is not supplied by default in MCUXpresso. Search for “eclipse c/c++ unit test”

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I had no problems installing it:

maybe you did not enable the 'contact' option to load any dependencies?

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
nathan4
Contributor II

Thanks for confirming it should work Erich.

I had an installation problem with the IDE before but just got that working so circling back to this now in case that was the problem.

When I try it now with the Contact checked it fails with this error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner,8.1.1.201811241055
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner.boost,7.0.1.201811241055
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner.feature,9.6.0.201811241055
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner.gtest,7.0.1.201811241055
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner.qttest,7.0.1.201811241055
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt.testsrunner.tap,1.0.1.201811241055

I'm was using the exact same selection as you (Show only latest version, Hide installed, Contact all updates sites...).

Trying again with "--All Available Sites--" selection instead of just "Eclipse 2018-12 update site" but that gives:

Unable to read repository at http://www.pemicro.com/eclipse/updates/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at http://www.pemicro.com/eclipse/updates/content.xml.
Connect to www.pemicro.com:80 timed out

I have an idea...

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can assume you have a decent internet connection? Problems can occur if the connection drops frequently.

For this I'm creating a local clone of the update repository: Replicating an Eclipse Update Site for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse 

Just in case, if this helps in your case.

Erich

0 Kudos
nathan4
Contributor II

Your exactly right Erich.  The problem turned out to be our internal network is blocking those specific repositories for some reason.  Issue resolved.  Thank you.

0 Kudos