Unable to see any registers in MCUXpresso IDE (with mk64)

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Unable to see any registers in MCUXpresso IDE (with mk64)

跳至解决方案
1,762 次查看
stdcerr
Contributor IV

HI,

I'm new to MCUXpresso and just realized that I cannot see any of the registers under the "Registers" tab.

I'm using MCUXpresso 11.2.1 and am connected to my Kinetis MCU and can step through the code nicely, "Heap ands Stack Usage" for example get updated nicely but the Registers tab is just empty, no matter if "Show modified registers only" is checked or not.

How can I get the controller's registers to show?

标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,741 次查看
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @stdcerr ,

>>no matter if "Show modified registers only" is checked or not.

Not really sure which setting is this? Can you provide details?

In general: The core registers only get updated/displayed in the debugger if the target is halted:

ErichS_0-1605250921144.png

The reason is that on the ARM Cortex M it is only possible to read the core register if the processor is halted.

Just in case if you are interested in the peripheral registers, they are shown in the Peripheral+ (plus Memory view):

ErichS_1-1605251095339.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 回复数
1,742 次查看
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @stdcerr ,

>>no matter if "Show modified registers only" is checked or not.

Not really sure which setting is this? Can you provide details?

In general: The core registers only get updated/displayed in the debugger if the target is halted:

ErichS_0-1605250921144.png

The reason is that on the ARM Cortex M it is only possible to read the core register if the processor is halted.

Just in case if you are interested in the peripheral registers, they are shown in the Peripheral+ (plus Memory view):

ErichS_1-1605251095339.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

1,718 次查看
stdcerr
Contributor IV

Awesome, so turns out that there apparently is two registers cards for Registers, and I was initially looking at the wrong one but once I pulled up the other one along with the Peripherals+ from  Window -> Show View -> Peripherals+ I can see the register values as I expected! Awesome! Thank you!

1,753 次查看
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please note : when operating in LinkerServer None Stop mode, registers cannot  be read or written when the target is executing and the register display may appear blank.

danielchen_0-1605234963198.png

Please refer to MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf   , 11.6 Registers for more details.

Regards

Daniel

0 项奖励