Unable to debug om13092 (LPC54608) with MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug om13092 (LPC54608) with MCUXpresso

tomcarney
Contributor I

I am currently building some applications in MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 to run on a OM13092.

I can build a binary and copy it to the board by drag-and-drop using the open SDA USB, and it seems to work fine. However, if I click the 'debug' button from within MCUXpresso, the build completes, but then the process falls over with the message dialog box:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Error reported by target"

Reason: 

03: Failed on chip setup

Invalid part, XML, or configuration

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried this both with my own code, and with the SDK examples (SDK V2.3.0) to the same effect.

I am normally working without JP5 covered. I have tried connecting the JP5, but this seemed to stop the computer from communicating with the board at all.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what might be wrong and how I can resolve it?

Thanks

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please take a step back and disconnect your board from your PC.

Also close down the IDE, and also check that you have none of the following debug executables showing in Task Manager as still running:

• redlinkserv
  • arm-none-eabi_gdb*
  • crt_emu_*

Now open "Devices and Printers" in the Windows Control Panel (or similar).

Now fit a jumper to JP5 (DFULink) header. Now connect a USB cable from a powered USB hub (or USB power block) to J1 (power only), and a second USB cable to J8 (Debug link).

At this point we are now basically running through section 16.9.4, "Manually booting LPC-Link2", of the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide - What is displayed in "Devices and Printers" when you connect to J8?

Now boot the LPC-Link2 probe built into your LPCXpresso54608 board using the boot_link2 script referenced in the user manual. Does this correctly appear in "Devices and Printers" ? If not, run through MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide sections 16.9.5, "LPC-Link2 windows drivers", 16.9.6, "LPC-Link2 failing to enumerate" and 16.9.7, "Troubleshooting LPC-Link2".

Hopefully by this point you will now have an active debug probe. 

Now start the IDE, and import a clean example from the SDK. I would suggest using ...

• driver_examples -> gpio -> led_output

Using the buttons in the Quickstart Panel, first build and the debug your project.

Does the action of using the Quickstart Panel's debug button cause a successful debug connection?

If not, please post the .map file generated by the linker in the Debug folder when you build your project, plus the full contents of the Debug log (as described in the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, section 16.4, "The console view".

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please go into further detail what you're trying to do adding such details as the board revision, the project (SDK revision), you're trying to debug, etc..

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

EDIT: Without knowing your board revision, I can't say what version of the DAPLink  probe firmware is resident on the board. When you connect JP5, you're choosing to DFU the legacy LPCXpresso DAPLink probe firmware rather than use the resident probe. You shouldn't see a difference in debug behavior with one caveat. Trace is only available with the LPCXpresso DAPLink.

MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.0 is now available. I recommend you use the latest installation.

0 Kudos

tomcarney
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.  The board is Rev. 3. The SDK is version 2.3.0.  The program I am trying to debug is just sending a couple of signals via two SPIs. I know the program is good because I can run it without debugging and see the results on a logic analyser. I have also tried using some straight-up SDK examples and get the same problem.

I have downloaded the new version of MCUXpresso as you suggested, and it still fails, but the error message has changed.  It now says:

"Target reported errors

Reason:

vendor chip initialization failed - Ec(07). No flash driver provided for flash region.

Debugging context: SPI_Test LinkServer Debug"

('SPI_Test' is the name of the program I am trying to debug)

0 Kudos