cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART Receiver Idle interrupt in LPC546xx

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi,

I am unable to understand the Receiver Idle Interrupt in LPC546xx. Does it mean that an interrupt will be raised when the RX is in Idle mode. If this is the case then the controller will continuosly give RX interrupt when the RX line is idle.

Please help in understanding this query.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Prasana,

Unfortunately, the LPC645xx series of microprocessors does not support the USART Receiver Idle Interrupt feature as it is mentioned in the errata and currently  there is no work-around.

For further information about this, could you please check this document .

Sorry for any inconveniences this might cause you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the clarification but i want to understand this feature. I have not seen this feature in any of the controllers i have worked on. Just wondering if the RX line is idle then microcontroller might give continuous interrupt which will impact the system.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Prasanna, I hope you're doing well,

The LPC 645xx has a receiver idle flag, which is set when the receiver is not in the process of receiving any data. After receiving some data for the first time, the flag will be cleared from then on, until the receiver is disabled. If an interrupt for were to exist for when the receiver is idle, it would probably be called when the state of this flag changes from 0 to 1.

For further information about this, could you please read the LPC645xx series User Guide, here.

You can also try it by your side with the examples provided in the LPC 645xx.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos