Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with headless build on Jenkins, SDK location, and Linker Scripts

Jump to solution
mukelarvin
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting Jenkins to build our project in headless mode. The first problem I noticed was that it wasn't auto generating the managed linker scripts for me. My compilation ended with:

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.1_2233/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot open linker script file project_Debug.ld: No such file or directory

I found this post that mentioned a similar issue but it didn't seem to be the answer I was looking for. Managed linker scripts not generated 

Then I found the log file in the workspace and I noticed that the chip was not being recognized:

!ENTRY com.crt.log 1 0 2019-11-07 16:54:00.202
!MESSAGE Unable to find part support for NXP MIMXRT1052xxxxB in project project Resetting to generic part for core cm7.

That one lead me to this thread, Can't determine processor when building headless 

I'm running on Windows here, so when I build it logged in as myself the SDK is located at:

"C:\Users\LukeM\mcuxpresso\01\SDKPackages\SDK_2.6.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050.zip"

In my build script I printed out my %USERPROFILE% and got the following:

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile

So I copied the SDK to:

"C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\mcuxpresso\01\SDKPackages\SDK_2.6.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050.zip"

I built again and got the same error. I looked at the properties of the SDK file and noticed that Windows security said that the file came from another computer and "might be blocked". So I unblocked it and built again. Still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I need to put the SDK so that MCUexpresso will find it?

Thanks,

L.M.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try setting the environment variable "MCUXPRESSOIDE_SDK_INSTALL" to point to the SDK install directory.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try setting the environment variable "MCUXPRESSOIDE_SDK_INSTALL" to point to the SDK install directory.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support