TWR-KM34Z75M cannot debug using J-Link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-KM34Z75M cannot debug using J-Link

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

I started develop the new project for MKM34Z256VLL7 using TWR-KM34Z75M and J-Link JTAG ICE.

I used MCUXpresso IDE v10.1.1 [Build 606] [2018-01-02], I believe that it is latest version.

But I have the following error, then I cannot debug using J-Link.

pastedImage_3.png

The Initialization Commands of Startup tab has "monitor reset" command as below.

pastedImage_4.png

I can debug using J-Link after remove "monitor reset" command as below.

pastedImage_5.png

Here is my questions.

Can we remove "monitor reset" command from Initialization Commands of Startup tab to get proper operarion?

Why the default settings of Initialization Commands of Startup tab?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The "monitor reset" command is included because generally it is needed for a successful connection. See SEGGER's J-Link documentation for more details of this command. But if you have found a particularly situation where removing it allows your debug connection to work, then simply remove it and resave the launch configuration. The modified version will then be used by your project for future debug sessions.

You will find more information on what is going on during a debug connection in the Console view, in particular the JLinkServer console. This may give you some clues as to what is actually happening in your setup.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Isao Takashima ,

Please use the "Quickstart Panel" -> Debug [project ] to  debug your project :

pastedImage_1.png

About the detail steps you can also refert to "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide" -> 10. Debugging a Project

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Alice Yang,

Thank you for your reply.

I find out the below screen shot, no "monitor reset" command.

pastedImage_1.png

Then I can remove "monitor reset" command from window of Initialization Commands.

There is no other information, I cannot find a clear answer to my questions.

Again, I asked.

Can we remove "monitor reset" command from Initialization Commands of Startup tab to get proper operarion?

Why the default settings of Initialization Commands of Startup tab has "monitor reset"?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos