取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Sporadic debug launch issues after upgrade

844 次查看
alannilsson
Contributor II

I have recently upgraded from 10.2 to 11.1.1.  Since then I am now sporadically seeing the following error when I try to launch a debug session:

following reset read of core registers failed - Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.

Target error from Commit Flash write: Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.

I cannot seem to find rhyme or reason, sometimes just rebuilding and retrying works, sometimes unplugging LPC links and replugging fixes it.  Other time I just have to keep trying multiple times and it will succeed.  Power cycling target has no effect.

I have never seen this until upgrading and I can't reliably figure out why I see it.  Anyone have any idea what it means and how to clear it.

0 项奖励
4 回复数

810 次查看
alannilsson
Contributor II

So this does the same as when I routinely quite MCUXpresso go and find redline server, kill it and relaunch the whole thing.  The fact that there is a specific button in the GUI to 'clean up' is ridiculous.  Why not just fix the server so it doesn't lock up?

0 项奖励

821 次查看
alannilsson
Contributor II

This has happened on multiple projects now.  It never happened on the same projects in 10.2.

What is the 'Cleanup Debug' button do?  Whats its purpose, why is it needed?

0 项奖励

816 次查看
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

>>What is the 'Cleanup Debug' button do?  Whats its purpose, why is it needed?

Eclipse and GDB are using a client-server architecture. And it could be that the server is not terminated or blocking, making a connection not possible. The 'Clean Debug' tries to kill these processes.

See point 9 in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/

or https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/06/01/killing-me-softly-zombies-and-debugger-engines/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 项奖励

829 次查看
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

How about disconnect the debugger before next time debug:

2020-11-02_16-45-20.jpg

And maybe related your project, you can try to debug a simple demo project to test.

Regard,

Alice

0 项奖励