cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for LPC546xxx or LPC 1768 development boards

Jump to solution
joseph_decunha
Contributor I

Hi there -- I'm a fairly inexperienced hobbyist so apologies if the solution to this question is self evident to some,

I'm interested in using either the L-Tek FF-LPC546XX development board (link) and/or the NXP LPC 1768 development board (link) for an upcoming project. I see that both boards have SDKs for Keil and Mbed, but neither board has an MCUXpresso SDK. I understand the processors themselves should have some level of support through LPCopen. My questions are:

1.) Should I expect to have to do a large amount of work to start developing with these boards on MCUXpresso? (i.e. writing startup code, or implementing CMSIS for the board)

2.) In what ways will the development experience be different using one of these boards vs. if I were working with a fully supported board with an SDK such as one of the Freedom series?

Thank you very much for your help,

Joseph

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph,

LPC546xx is supported by MCUXpresso SDK. The package includes plenty of peripheral drivers and demo codes.

If using NXP LPCXpresso demo board, There is MCXpresso SDK package for this board:

OM13098 | LPCXpresso Development Board | LPC Microntrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

LPC1768 is support LPCOpen.

LPCOpen Libraries and Examples | NXP 

LPCOpen is in maintenance mode, I recommend you use LPC546xx with MCUXpresso SDK.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joseph,

LPC546xx is supported by MCUXpresso SDK. The package includes plenty of peripheral drivers and demo codes.

If using NXP LPCXpresso demo board, There is MCXpresso SDK package for this board:

OM13098 | LPCXpresso Development Board | LPC Microntrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

LPC1768 is support LPCOpen.

LPCOpen Libraries and Examples | NXP 

LPCOpen is in maintenance mode, I recommend you use LPC546xx with MCUXpresso SDK.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
joseph_decunha
Contributor I

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome. :-)

0 Kudos