Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Import Wizard doesn't work under Ubuntu 16.04

Jump to solution
oliviermonnom
Contributor II

Hi,

I've just installing my new LPCXpresso54608 board and the MCUXpresso IDE.

I created the SDK for the MCUXpresso via the website (Select Linux), downloaded it and installed it under MCUXpresso.

When I try to install the SDK examples via "Import SDK Examples...", the first panel show me correct informations (it shows the board), when I click next I get an empty panel, no examples are shown.

But when I import the same SDK on my Windows machine (WIN7_64), all is right, I can see the examples. On windows, the SDK works whatever I select Linux or Windows on the SDK builder. On ubuntu, nothing.

Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Regards,

Olivier

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olivier,

you can try to run this - export SWT_GTK3=0 in bash and see if it corrects the behaviour.

Ahoy,

MCUXpresso support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olivier

are you launching the IDE with the launcher or with binary from command line? Could you provide a screenshot? Thanks

cheers,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos
oliviermonnom
Contributor II

Hi support,

Thank you for replying.

I'm launching the IDE from the desktop, I've just tried to launch it from command line as a user and also as root, same result. When launching from console, no errors are printed.

Here are screnshots:

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

Olivier

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olivier,

this seems to me as something overrides the SWT_GTK3 variable set by IDE. It needs to be set to 0 for the IDE to function properly. Did you install the IDE according the installation guide?

Ahoy,

MCUXpresso support

0 Kudos
oliviermonnom
Contributor II

Hi,

I downloaded and ran the installation script (mcuxpressoide- <build>.x86_64.deb.run). No more work in the install...

What do you mean with the SWT_GTK3 variable? Ho can I correct this?

tks,

Olivier

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olivier,

you can try to run this - export SWT_GTK3=0 in bash and see if it corrects the behaviour.

Ahoy,

MCUXpresso support

0 Kudos
oliviermonnom
Contributor II

Hello Ahoy,

Waow, that did the tricks. Thank you very much for your support.

To understand what's the problem I looked for org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.version(Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Configuration Tab), without the export I had 3.18.9 has value, and with the export I have 2.24.30

Thank you for this fast and successful support.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos