SDK_2.6.0_MIMX8MM6xxxLZ not compatible with MCUXpresso IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK_2.6.0_MIMX8MM6xxxLZ not compatible with MCUXpresso IDE?

steven_marks
Contributor I

When I check add the SDK_2.6.0_MIMX8MM6xxxLZ to MCUXpresso IDE I get the error below. It seems that the SDK is not compatible with IDE. I also checked IDE supported list and it doesn't seem to support M4 coprocessors yet.

I was just wondering when this support will be available for the IDE?

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_201
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_CA
Command-line arguments: -data file:/home/steven/Work/IMX8MM-M4/workspace/ -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels
Error
Thu Jul 04 13:47:14 PDT 2019
The SDK 'SDK_2.x_MIMX8MM6xxxLZ' does not contain any MCUXpresso IDE compatible toolchain.

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.addToMap(SDKManifestProvider.java:810)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.access$0(SDKManifestProvider.java:797)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$2.preVisitDirectory(SDKManifestProvider.java:588)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$2.preVisitDirectory(SDKManifestProvider.java:1)
at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2677)
at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2742)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.refresh(SDKManifestProvider.java:580)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.SDKChipVendorDatabase.refresh(SDKChipVendorDatabase.java:797)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.views.SDKView.doDBRefresh(SDKView.java:1308)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.jobs.SDKImportJob.run(SDKImportJob.java:112)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

0 Kudos
7 Replies

viphotweb8
Contributor I

became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
https://www.viphotweb.com

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That's true, the i.MX devices (except i.MX RT) are not supported by the MCUXpresso IDE.

The flow for the Cortex-M4 coprocessors in the i.MX is pretty different from the microncontrollers, so for the moment it doesn't make sense to establish the i.MX devices in the IDE.

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi @bernhardfink,

Any news about using MCUXpresso to debug on i.MX8MM devices?

Many thanks

Biafra

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No news here, the MCUXpresso IDE does not handle the i.MX devices which are based on Cortex-A + Cortex-M. The GNU Debugger can be used as zero-cost alternative.

On a low level basis it should be possible to connect a JTAG box to the 8MM in order to read the memory map, but there are easy alternatives like a JLink + JLink Commander utility.

Regards,
Bernhard.

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi @bernhardfink,

Many thanks for your answer.

Is there any schedule or roadmap about it?

Many thanks

Biafra

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>> Is there any schedule or roadmap about it?

Not that I would know. It would only make sense in combination with a debug feature for the Cortex-A cluster and this is not a trivial job. In addition, a nearly-no-cost solution exists already with GDB and also commercial tools like IAR EWARM or KEIL µVision can do it.

Regards,
Bernhard.

steven_marks
Contributor I

Can you please provide the proper workflow for coprocessors.

0 Kudos