Requesting data from a web API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting data from a web API

jackmyers1998
Contributor I

I am currently attempting to request weather information from a web api and i am currently unsure how i would accomplish this. Can anyone suggest a starting point or a source of information on using C code on an embedded system to request data from a web api.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack,

Could you tell us which MCU are you using?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

jackmyers1998
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for replying, I am using the LPC54018 IoT module and MCUXpresso IDE. Here is the link to the MCU page: OM40007|LPC54018 IoT Microcontroller Module|NXP 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack Myers,

I think you can learn the LPC54018 data transfer to the cloud or the web at first. Eg, you can learn the SDK aws which will send data to the amazon cloud, the code can be download it from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select 

Folder: SDK_2.5.0_LPC54018-IoT-Module\boards\lpc54018iotmodule\aws_examples

Then how to get the weather information from a web api, and send it to the cloud is totally the top side software case, LPC side just need to know how to get the data and send the data to the cloud or the ethernet.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos