cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh SDK

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Hi,

Just of couple of annoying things I'd like to report regarding SDK Management (MCUXpresso IDE 11.2) . I am typically maintaining a handful of projects with various middleware components. Since my projects are still under development, I prefer to use the latest SDK. After installing the SDK zip in my workspace, I select "SDK Management" -> "Refresh SDK Components" to upgrade the SDK for each project. I think the merging process in this operation could be improved:

1)  Obsolete files are not deleted from local workspace, nor do you get a question to do so.  You need to find it out yourself and delete files manually, or else you typically have a billion compiler errors.

2)  Please don't rename directories and files when it is not absolutely needed. For example, 'freertos' (2.6) was renamed to 'amazon-freertos' (2.7) , and then back to 'freertos' (2.8) again. Ref point 1, it makes it also difficult to track real changes in code, and the version control system looses the history of those files.

3)  All driver/middleware includes are added to project->C/C++ Build/Settings, ASM/C/C++ sections even if they are already there. You end up with a huge list of includes, and duplicates of the same paths.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Another issue is that every time I do 'Refresh SDK', some folders end up as excluded from build. I manually have to include them again.

excluded.PNG

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eldar,

for issue 1 and 4: there is Component Manager capable to update source files for components selected in the project. Try to open Component Manager and update new configuration. This could help.

About issue 2: freertos is third party software stack integrated into MCUX SDK. I'm afraid the directory names are aligned with their code. I think FreeRTOS team rename the folder back based on feedback from their users.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Kinetis K27 is target platform by the way.

0 Kudos