cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripherals tool is disabled!: "The tool does not support selected processor"

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

I used for the first time MCUExpresso on the begining of this years (v11.1) on the Target processor KL02.

Today I start a new project based on the KL14Z84VFT4 and update IDE to v11.2

Then I start a new project, configure the Pin, the clock,

But for the perifpheral, to configure some basic thing to the ADC, UART, MCUExpresso IDE indicate to me the Peripherals tool is disable, in the Overview, section Peripheal, it is indicated "tool does not support selected processor".

It is a mistake from my project or it is realy impossible to generate the peripheral.c with this processor?

If it is impossible, where is the list of the supported processor?

Thank

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arnaud,

The most update KL14Z64 SDK version is 2.2.0. It doesn't support KL14 peripheral configuration. You have to write application code by yourself. You can refer to those demos in SDK.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank fot the response.

Many question:

- Is there a list of supported MCU by the peripheral configuration?

- Is there a similar processor (For UART and ADC peripheral) which is equivalent on whichI could make generate files by the tool (dumy project) instead of inspire me from SDK demo? (Else I will do it myself :-)

0 Kudos

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

regarding list of processors supported by Peripherals tool, you can refer to following post: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333073 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

- Is there a list of supported MCU by the peripheral configuration?

No, there isn't.

- Is there a similar processor (For UART and ADC peripheral) which is equivalent on which I could make generate files by the tool?

This is a good question. But as I can see, there isn't any KL series MCU is supported by the peripheral tool. The most close one is K32L2B. Their UART peripheral version is different, but very similar. You can take a reference. Their ADC is more different. KL14 ADC is single-ended, but K32L2B ADC support differential input.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I checked into the SDK list, If I well understand, v2.2.0 is not compatible.

But v2.8.0 is it.

So I found the KL13Z64VLH4.

Then I will use this one instead of the KL14...

0 Kudos