No middelware options while making new project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No middelware options while making new project

wilcovm
Contributor II

Our MCUXpresso-SDK is build with the middleware LwIP. If we then make a new project (file -> new -> project) and then new C/C++ project we can chose our SDK and we have all kind of options, like which OS, drivers etc. But I don't see any options to chose the middleware .

How can I chose the middleware while make a new C/C++ project? Or do I have to copy it manually from the SDK to our newly crated project?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

wilcovm
Contributor II

Hi All,

That’s interesting to know, thanks. I have two questions left.

1) Is this hide SDK option automatically disabled when importing a SDK that has the middleware functionality in the XML? Or does it only depend on the IDE version.

2) The only way to know the middleware should work, when installed by disabling the hide SDK option and cratering a new project, is by experiencing it when using?

Regards,

Wilco

0 Kudos

wilcovm
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your reaction. After playing around with the right settings a lot more I found a setting that will do the trick.

Windows -> Preferences
and then
MCUXpresso -> SDK Options

There you can disable "hide middleware options ....".

By doing so it will enable or disable the middleware options when creating a new project.

I don'n know which xml file you mean but it seems the middleware is there as options when creating a new project. Until now I didn't test the middleware itself. Or is this the wrong way to do?

Regards,

Wilco

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wilco,

I think it is disabled for a reason. So projects you create that way might not compile/work without further edits.

But you certainly can go from there. Otherwise I would recommend to use one of the example projects.

Erich

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, there is an option in the IDE to enable the displaying of middleware components in the new project wizard.

But as Erich stated, the current SDKs do not contain the required metadata to make this work correctly. Thus any such project you create is likely to not build successfully, certainly without manual tweaking, as the SDK metadata does not yet provide all of the necessary dependency data. This is why the IDE option hides the middleware components by default. But having this option means that once an enhanced SDK is released, you will be able to turn on the ability to make use of it within the IDE

Regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wilco,

yes, this is currently not possible, becaue the SDK manifest file (XML description) does not include that information yet. To my understanding a future revision of the SDK should have this described in the manifest, so the middleware components beyond the RTOS can be included (or added later on).

Until then, you can import and clone existing middleware projects:

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos