cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compatible probes found for a CMSIS-DAP probe on Debug command

Jump to solution
pgosar2
Contributor I

I am running macOS Big Sur and I cannot get the MCUXpresso IDE to find my debug probes no matter what I've tried. I am trying to program an LPC1549 microcontroller using a CMSIS-DAP probe. My board is powered and the chip is getting power. I have:

* Uninstalled and reinstalled MCUXpresso (v 10.1.1) 10.2 is not compatible with some of my projects.

* Ensured that the CMSIS-DAP shows up on my System Information USB list and added it to the probtable.csv file.

* Deleted my debug configuration and created a new one. 

Yet I still get the same error message: "LinkServer not found.
This could be because it is disconnected, not powered, or already in use".

0 Kudos
1 Solution
converse
Senior Contributor V

It may be being blocked by the firewall - make sure that redlinkserv is allowed network access.

Also, MCUxpresso is now at v 11.3, so I would suggest upgrading. There should be no reason that old projects are incompatible. Why do you think it is?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

It may be being blocked by the firewall - make sure that redlinkserv is allowed network access.

Also, MCUxpresso is now at v 11.3, so I would suggest upgrading. There should be no reason that old projects are incompatible. Why do you think it is?

pgosar2
Contributor I

I checked and my laptop has disabled all firewalls, so is there another way to check that redlinkserv is being allowed network access?

And some of my teammates had issues flashing code after updating, but they haven't specified what exactly, I will update you soon if I get a response.

0 Kudos
pgosar2
Contributor I

I updated my MCUXpresso to 11.3 and it worked! Thanks

0 Kudos