No binaries found in <project>... there shouldn't be, so why the warning?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No binaries found in <project>... there shouldn't be, so why the warning?

Jump to solution
netstv73
Contributor III

I have my MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759.

I have a project that was migrated over from MCUXpressoIDE_10.1.1_606.

When I clean the project (Right click on project in Project Explorer -> Clean Project) that works.

But then when I go to build the project again (Right click on project in Project Explorer ) BEFORE the menu comes up, I get a dialog box with the warning "!" yellow triangle with the message:

"No binaries found in <project-name>" where project-name has my project name.

Once I do a build it works fine.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?  

Thanks in Advance...

-stv

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
netstv73
Contributor III

So I did figure out the way to fix this.  The binary itself was pulled in as a submodule in git.  I then right clicked on the submodule from the Project Explorer window.  In my case the submodule we called it "packaging".

Project Explorer -> select submodule -> right click -> Properties -> Resource -> Resource Filters -> Add Filter ....

Find the file and "Exclude All" <- Very important that you exclude all.  It's the only way it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stv,

I never experieced this kind of problem. But if the problem is only in one project, I suggest you check the project Binary Parsers setting. If you use GNU compiler, we need have GNU parser checked.

pastedImage_1.png

If this can' t help, you can create a new project under MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759, then manually add source code.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
netstv73
Contributor III

Hi Jennie.

Thanks for the reply.  Alas I have done this and both my Linux application (used on Linux builds) shows up as a valid binary along with my binary when I made it.

You may be right in that I may have to recreate project, but that is really painful as our project is very large with many include files and many virtual folders.  

So alas, I may have to just make sure I build it in my terminal first and then go and right click on it.

So to answer your question, I did have those two options selected.

0 Kudos
netstv73
Contributor III

So I did figure out the way to fix this.  The binary itself was pulled in as a submodule in git.  I then right clicked on the submodule from the Project Explorer window.  In my case the submodule we called it "packaging".

Project Explorer -> select submodule -> right click -> Properties -> Resource -> Resource Filters -> Add Filter ....

Find the file and "Exclude All" <- Very important that you exclude all.  It's the only way it worked.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good. Thanks for the sharing.

0 Kudos