cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing built-in paths and symbols in 'paths and symbols'

janvogel
Contributor I

Hello,

i recently switched from MCUxpresso 10.3 to 11.1 with one of my projects. What i noticed was that afterwards the two built-in paths were missing in the Includes in 'paths and symbols' section, as well as all the built-in (the non-bold) symbols in the Symbols-tab.

In Version 10.3:

project_10.jpg

In Version 11.1:

project_11.jpg

The checkbox 'Show built-in values' has no effect.

When i create a brand new project in 11.1, these paths and symbols are absent as well. What is strange is that i have no warnings or build errors. The paths even show up in the project explorer:

new_proj.jpg

But not in the 'paths and symbols. '

I tried the 'fixup parsers'

fixup_parsers.jpg

as suggested in other similar threads, but it did not resolve the issue.

Is this just a bug in displaying the paths and symbols?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There have been changes in this area since the days of MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.

But just to confirm, you appear to be reporting a cosmetic issue - not issues actually building your source files or viewing include files ?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

janvogel
Contributor I

The problem still exists in version 11.1.1. I still cant see any built-in symbols, not even on freshly created projects.

Instead, i now have multiple additional include paths that look like old built-in paths from 11.0.0 and 11.1.0 (see screenshot). I did not add them and they seem to reappear out of nowhere, no matter how often i delete them.

screenshot.png

0 Kudos

janvogel
Contributor I

I have no problems building. And the built-in paths are visible in the Project Explorer, so that is only a cosmetic issue.

But the missing built-in symbols are problematic because i cant see which defines are there and what values they have.

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan,

I checked this on my side and I could replicate this issue. When I imported a simple SDK project built-in paths were missing but I was able to build the project correctly.

I believe this may be a bug because built-in paths are correctly located in includes but are missing in paths and symbols. I will ask this internally and let you know any update.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

janvogel
Contributor I

Thank you. But also the symbols! As the paths show up in the Project Explorer, i am not as concerned. But  i cant find the built-in Symbols anywhere and that is the bigger problem because i cant check them or their values.

Best regards,

Jan.

0 Kudos