cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso won't load common drivers

Jump to solution
gredpath
Contributor III

I have a iMXRT1064 project. I am trying to change the clock configuration using a .mex file. When I try to update code it tells me that the "Pins initialization requires the COMMON Driver in the project" . I try both the quickfix, and returning to the project debug perspective, and loading the common drivers to the project. Neither approach works, both approaches seem to be doing something, but neither add the common drivers. I am using 11.4.1 of MCU Xpresso & and 2.10 of the SDK. In the debug perspective the common driver comes in blue text and version 2.3.0 in the component selection summary.

I am deliberately not using 11.5 of MCUXpresso as I currently have a LPC1769 project in development, and whilst 11.5 seems to generate code for the LPC1769 it doesn't run, whilst the same code works perfectly with 11.4.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  @gredpath ,

As I know, it is also related to the SDK version, you need to use the newest SDK version in the MCUXPresso 11.5.0. Eg, SDK_2_11_1_EVK-MIMXRT1064.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
solutionbo
Contributor I

The complete look of your internet site is remarkable, not to mention the content material!
also visit my net web page - voip phone system 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gredpath ,

It's easy, you need to add the fsl_common drivers. Follow me to do it like this in the MCUXpresso:

kerryzhou_0-1652410340355.png

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
gredpath
Contributor III

That is exactly what I didn't but it wouldn't load. I think it is a version compatibility issue, I had loaded version 11.5, and as I said my LPC1769 projects wouldn't run so I reverted to 11.4 at which point the LPC1769 application ran.

I managed to get the fsl_common drivers to load, but only after I went back to 11.5, at which point the application built and ran successfully the 1064 application.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  @gredpath ,

As I know, it is also related to the SDK version, you need to use the newest SDK version in the MCUXPresso 11.5.0. Eg, SDK_2_11_1_EVK-MIMXRT1064.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos