MCUXpresso update ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso update ?

omerkaanbasakin
Contributor IV

Hello, ı download mcuxpresso 11.1.0 and tried to import my project. 

pastedImage_1.png

select root directory and find my project in workspace for 10.3.1.

then try to build it  and fail.

pastedImage_2.png

How to fix this ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Omer Kaan Basakinci

There is no problem of open a 10.0.3 problem with 11.1.0. there is some points we need pay attention.

1. the two IDEs don't share workspace

2. to open a MCUXpresso IDE 10.0.3 project with 11.1.0, export 10.0.3 project, export 10.0.2 project with File, Export... then import it to 11.1.0 with "File", "import..."

3. we can set path variables in project properties, "Resource", "Linked Resources"

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

ZhangJennie wrote:

Omer Kaan Basakinci

2. to open a MCUXpresso IDE 10.0.3 project with 11.1.0, export 10.0.3 project, export 10.0.2 project with File, Export... then import it to 11.1.0 with "File", "import..."

Hi ZhangJennie,

Are you saying that I cannot open MCUXpresso IDE 10.x workspace/projects with MCUXpresso IDE 11.1 directly? 

Up to now (10.3) I always updated MCUXpresso and used the new release to open and work on my project (that resides in the old workspace). Has this changed with the new major release?

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dan,

If sharing workspace doesn't cause side effect. it's ok.

For me, I never share workspace for different IDE, in order to avoid potential IDE compatible issue.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

ZhangJennie wrote:

Dan,

If sharing workspace doesn't cause side effect. it's ok.

For me, I never share workspace for different IDE, in order to avoid potential IDE compatible issue.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

Hi Jun Zhang,

Thanks for the clarification.

I try to avoid side effects by sticking to a version once I've upgraded. 

Usually, newer versions of a software or program can read older configurations or projects. Sometimes, changes introduce incompatibilities so that once the configuration or project data has been edited with the newer version of a software, the older version can not read the data any more. Thus when a new software version is released, I try this version with a copy of my project data and if all is cool, I upgrade to it and use it on the original project.

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos

omerkaanbasakin
Contributor IV

ZhangJennie

I exported the project from 10.3.1 version and import to 11.1 version. I dont know what to do in the linked resources section so I didnt touch it. The error not resolved and now version10.3.1 give same error. " Program "make" not found in PATH ". 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Omer Kaan Basakinci 

Please export your 10.0.3 project in zip format and send it to me. I will check the issue directly.

Thanks

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

omerkaanbasakin
Contributor IV

ZhangJennie

Thanks for your helps ı fix the error.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos