MCUXpresso no targets available

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso no targets available

johnsorensen
Contributor II

MCUXpresso issue  no debug targets available. This happens again and again after the system is working. The launches are all cancelled. I’ve checked for any tasks to terminate from the task manager as in section 14.12.7 of the MCUXpresso IDE V10.0.2 User Guide. There were none. Using Window -Show View - Other - Debug - Debug doesn’t work either. Am using Windows 64 bit operating system.  The dialog box for Probe discovered shows that the P&E Micro probe I have connected is not connected.  The only thing that fixes it is to turn off my computer and reboot. I've reinstalled the driver. No go. I've done everything from the user guide. I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 Build 411 2017-07-11. I am connecting to a FRDM-KL25Z board using a SDA connection.

6 Replies

johnsorensen
Contributor II

Tried that, but that did not help. But I can turn off my computer and reboot, then it works. Switching projects causes the problem to appear again on the new project.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

- Please be sure terminate the other project before debug new project :

Window -> Show View -> Other -> Debug -> Debug

MCUXpresso bug "No debug targets available" 

- If still can't work, please delete the .metadata folder uner the your MCUXpresso workspace, then reopen MCUXpresso

IDE to have a try .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johnsorensen
Contributor II

I can now temporarily fix the problem by opening the task manager and ending the process named pegdbserver_console.exe*32 . The problem will re-occur and then I have to end the process again. Yes, it's a good process to terminate the other project before debugging a new project, but one should not have to do that. On another workspace, I once deleted the metadata folder and restarted MCUXpresso IDE, but now my projects don't appear in the project tab. This kind of stuff is really frustrating. Any idea on how to get my projects to reappear?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

1. Usually, there isn't the error if you refer to the below steps to change debug project : 

- just terminate it ;

- delete the .launch files;

- Then use the Debug button in Quickstart panel .

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

2. After you delete the . metadata folder , as to it includes the information about this workspace,

so the project disappear, you just need import the your project :

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

johnsorensen
Contributor II

1. Everything works better working from the Debug Window.

2. Yes, this helps me to restore the projects that disappeared from the projects tab.

Thanks much!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

Please update the firmware of your board using my attachment,

1)Press the Reset button (and keep it pressed) while power the board with the OpenSDA USB connector:.
2)  The board will
show up as BOOTLOADER drive on your system:
3) Copy"MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118 "
(I attached it for you) to the BOOTLOADER driver:
4) The copy operation takes about 2-3 seconds, after finished , unpower
 the board.
5) Power the board again normally .

Then re-open the MCUXpresso IDE with a new workspace,  import a example , then debug it again to check

whether can work well.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos