MCUXpresso can't debug LPCXpresso11U68

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso can't debug LPCXpresso11U68

Badman
Contributor I

In windows 7 I used LPCXpresso 8.xx. I have installed the latest MCUXpresso but I can't debug LPCXpresso11U68. My guess is there is something wrong with the driver.

In windows 10 works great.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Badman 

Thank you so much for using our community. Please accept my apologies for the delay on response. We are overloaded on the requests these days.

Regarding your issue, MCUXpresso 11.5.1 (that is the latest version) as far as I am aware, a 32bit version of windows is not supported anymore by the latest versions, is your Windows 7 of 32-bits or 64-bits ? 

Please let me know your comments and if you have more questions, I will be so glad to assist you.

Thanks for your patience!
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

Badman
Contributor I

I believe the problem is with the old drivers. Before, I used LPCXpresso. I suppose I have removed the old drivers and installed new ones from MCUXpresso , but when I connect lpclink it uses the old drivers.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Badman 

Thank you so much for your reply and the update.

Yes, MCUXpresso use its own drivers and some LPC boards that were supported on LPCXpresso are not longer being supported anymore, so checking in our webpage from SDK (https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select) for supported boards, unfortunately, LPCXpresso11U68 EVK is no longer supported. LPCLink is still being supported as a debugger on MCUXpresso. My suggestion is to try to update your mcu to a new one that is being supported, and of course I can help you with a selection of a new one that can be similar to the LPC11U68 if you want.

Please let me know your comments or if you have more questions. I really appreciate your replies. We are here to help you.

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

Badman
Contributor I

The problem is with the driver for LPCLink in Windows 7. Under Linux and Windows 10 mcuxpresso works great.

Please offer a LPC11u68 equivalent.

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Badman,

Just to clarify, MCUXpresso IDE should still support LPC11U68 (or any other LPC Cortex M part) but we only offer config tool and MCUXpresso SDK for LPC54000, LPC5500 and LPC800.

We no longer support Windows 7 because Microsoft have deprecated support. You can access older versions of the IDE that did have Windows 7 support from the normal download link (sorry I dont recall which version was the last one to officially support Windows 7 (although I can confirm that only 64-bit platforms were supported from 11.0 onwards.)

LPC51U68 or (even better) the LPC5500 series are a good migration choice though.

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Badman 

Thanks a lot for your patience and your reply.

The LPC11U68 equivalent is the LPC51U68 that you can find it. It is newer and it is into the longevity program where you will find that this mcu is going to be supported until jun 2033.

Hope this suggestion helps, please let me know if you have some other concern or question, so I can help you. Otherwise, I would appreciate if you mark this answer as solution to close this request.

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos