MCUXpresso V11.5 crashes when trying to Debug or program the microcontroller.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso V11.5 crashes when trying to Debug or program the microcontroller.

Jump to solution
luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

The latest version of MCUXpresso v11.5 doesn't work for me. It installs correctly, programs can be edited and compiled without problems. But when trying to program or do Debug the program gets stuck, it seems that it is looking for a programmer but it can't find it even though I have the MCU_link or MCU_link PRO connected, also tested with the PE Micro. I have disabled the firewall in case that was the problem, but it doesn't fix it, it's still the same.

The programmer's hardware appears correctly installed in Windows7 Device Manager, and everything works fine with MCUXpresso v11.4, but not with v11.5.  I have tried to do the installation several times, but it always gives the same problem, in the end I had to reinstall the previous version, V11.4, this one works perfectly for me.

As programmers I have the Segger Jlink, PE Micro, MCU-Link and MCU-Link PRO. My operating system is Windows 7.

Regards

MCU_002.jpg

ScreenHunter_005.jpg

ScreenHunter_007.jpg

mcu_admin_devices.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

What Alice mentions about supported Windows versions is correct, we are not actively maintaining Windows 7 version.

Still, two things you can try:

1. Go to Eclipse->Window->Preferences->MCUXpresso IDE->Debug Options->LinkServer Options and uncheck "Use PowerShell instead cscript"

2. If the above does not help, revert the check made there and try executing the next command in a Windows command prompt console:

powershell "Get-WMIObject Win32_PnPEntity | where {$_.Service -like '*hid*' -or $_.Service -like '*winusb*'} | Format-Table -HideTableHeaders PNPDeviceID"

Does it work? Does it show any error? If any error thrown, please check if you have PowerShell installed or maybe try to update it.

Regards,

MCUXPresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

The least version mcuxpresso IDE v11.5 only support Windows 10 & 11.

Alice_Yang_0-1646385349228.png

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-i... 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

What Alice mentions about supported Windows versions is correct, we are not actively maintaining Windows 7 version.

Still, two things you can try:

1. Go to Eclipse->Window->Preferences->MCUXpresso IDE->Debug Options->LinkServer Options and uncheck "Use PowerShell instead cscript"

2. If the above does not help, revert the check made there and try executing the next command in a Windows command prompt console:

powershell "Get-WMIObject Win32_PnPEntity | where {$_.Service -like '*hid*' -or $_.Service -like '*winusb*'} | Format-Table -HideTableHeaders PNPDeviceID"

Does it work? Does it show any error? If any error thrown, please check if you have PowerShell installed or maybe try to update it.

Regards,

MCUXPresso IDE Support