cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Indexer

adb
Contributor I

Hello,

Initially when I installed MCUXpresso, I was able to right click on a variable name>refactor>rename make the edit and then click on enter. This feature no longer works as I get the following error message: "the selected name could not be analysed".

I've tried to do Project>C/C++ Index>Rebuild, but it doesn't work any better.

I've also tried to go into <workspace_path>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/

and remove indexer from org.eclipse.cdt.core.prefs;

but that doesn't work either.

I imported my project into MCUXpresso v11.1.1 this morning and he didn't work any better.

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

whata
Contributor III

I had the same issue when upgrading from MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563 to MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.1_3241. My setup contained a single workspace synced to Dropbox. On my secondary computer indexer stopped working after upgrade, but on primary computer indexer worked as expected after upgrade.

In order to fix it I did the following:

1. Deleted my workspace folder locally without removing from Dropbox on my secondary PC

2. Removed all Mcuxpresso versions from secondary pc

3. Re-synced workspace folder from Dropbox

4. Re-installed 11.1.1_3241

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Thanks.

Alan

Sent from my Xperia™ smartphone

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Alan,

have not seen such an error, only found an old Eclipse bug report for Doug (526617 – Refactor->Rename error The selected name could not be analyzed ) which does not really help.

It indeed might be related to the Indexer: have you turned heuristics off (Fixing the Eclipse Index | MCU on Eclipse )?

Does it happen for you with all the projects (e.g. the SDK examples) too?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. My indexer settings are below.

Strangely if I import an example project from the SDK, indexing works. Have I somehow managed to corrupt a setting?

Thanks again,

Alan

indexer settings.PNG

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Alan,

not sure if this will solve it, but: I recommend disabling this option:

pastedImage_1.png

The heuristic is really only heuristic (or: kind of guessing) and can result in incorrect indexer information for more 'complex' projects. It might work fine for standard SDK examples as they are not really complex.

And you might disable 'index source files not included in the build' and 'index unused headers' too. Below is what I typically use:

pastedImage_2.png

Erich

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thanks again for getting back to me. I've setup the indexer the same way as you, but it still doesn't work.

Is there a low level settings file I can delete or something to force MCUXpresso to use the new settings?

Thanks again,

Alan

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

If you do a Index rebuild, it will use the new settings.

If this still does not work, I'm affraid you might do the refactoring using normal search&replace.

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

That didn't work either I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway,

Alan

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Have you tried importing the projects into a new workspace? Either by exporting and importing, or by importing directly from the old workspace.

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi Con Verse,

As suggested I tried importing/exporting from old workspace into a new one, but it didn't work.

Thanks again,

Alan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you can't solve this problem any way, I suggest you fully uninstall IDE and remained folders then reinstall it.

Create a new workspace.

Create a new project in it then verify if the problem exists still. or the problem is only in one specific project.

0 Kudos

adb
Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie,

If I create a fresh project the refactoring tool works, so I'm just going to manually copy in my code.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

0 Kudos