cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.0 Problems

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I just installed MCUXpresso 10.3.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, and the freeRTOS plugin menu does not appear.

The MCUXpresso update site isn't available (http://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/mcuxpressoide/v10_3/ )

I can't install any plugins (like eclox ) from the market place, because probably the update site is unavailable.

Regards,

Emmanuel

10 Replies

wilkinsw
Contributor III

Good thinking Rainer, running as root allowed me to install my plugins (Vrapper, eclox) without incident.

What do you mean by plugin installation works but you still get the error?  I didn't have any problems besides the insecure software warning on installation, but that's not new.

0 Kudos

r_stelzer
Contributor II

Hi

beside the well know "insecure software" warning the installation still ends with a message box saying

"No repository found containing: binary,MCUXpressoIDE.executable.gtk.linux.x86_64"

But I get this message Box on windows and Linux machines, so it's no Linux issue.

Also I have no limitation working with it. But I'm not that productive now, I'm still experimenting with setting up an eclipse development  environment in a way I know from my favourite commercial RTOS (that uses a customized eclipse version , too). I like the way projects are managed there for different targets on Linux & Windows development machines. 

Rainer

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As an update: that message about missing update site has been fixed, so you should not see it any more.

0 Kudos

rex_ashbaugh
Contributor I

The problem with the update site still exists. I am still seeing this error as of today..

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: binary,MCUXpressoIDE.executable.gtk.linux.x86_64,10.3.0.201811281410

0 Kudos

eugforspam
Contributor I

Thanks. Worked for me with addition that this created some root-owned plugins in $workspace/.metadata/.plugins, which I needed to chown back to user manually to restart IDE as user.

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I try to run mcuxpresso as root, it works, and I can install plugins.

When I restart in normal way, now it works, freeRTOS TAD appear in menu (weird...).

Emmanuel

0 Kudos

r_stelzer
Contributor II

some progress:
when starting  mcuxpressoide with superuser privileges

cd /usr/local/mcuxpressoide-10.3.0_2200/ide
sudo ./mcuxpressoide

plugin installation works for me.

The installation process still ends with the error mentioned in my previous post.
But now a warning window for potential insecure software sources pops up and plugin installation works.
This is exactly the behaivour I see on the a windows machine when installing subclipse.

Hope this helps.
Rainer

wilkinsw
Contributor III

I'm also in Rainer's boat.  Ubuntu 16.04 just upgraded to 10.3 MCUXpresso, but unable to install plugins.

0 Kudos

r_stelzer
Contributor II

Hi,

similar problem here.

Installed  MCUXpresso  10.3.0 on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 system and no way to install e.g. Subclipse plugin.

When using the marketplace the installation ends with:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: binary,MCUXpressoIDE.executable.gtk.linux.x86_64,10.3.0.201811281410

same result from "install new Software.." tab.

Disabling "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" has no effect.

On an other machine running Windows 7  upgrading from MCUXpresso  10.2.0 to 10.3.0 (more precise: parallel installation) and installing Subclipse has been no problem.

Any hint is welcome.

merry christmas and happy new year !

Rainer

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We will investigate getting a update site fix in place after the holidays - but you should be able to just ignore that warnings that the IDE's update site doesn't exist (we don't have any updates available yet, and the update site is thus empty). Unticking the "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" option may help here too.

With regards to the FreeRTOS TAD menu, can you see if restarting the IDE fixes the problem, and if not does reinstalling? Can you also confirm that you are installing and starting the IDE as per the instructions in the supplied Installation Guide (particularly important on Ubuntu).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos