MCUXpresso IDE stopped working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE stopped working

jeffsylvester
Contributor III

I was using MCUXpresso for running SDK example programs on a KLZ25 demo board.  now magically the tool gives me a compile error on every project that 

14:52:38 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project frdmkl25z_demo_apps_bubble ****
make -r -j8 all
0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x160000, State 0x10000
C:\NXP\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.0_344\ide\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

14:52:38 Build Finished (took 310ms)

what happened?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

see Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap 

From the manual:

Make fails with Virtual Alloc pointer is null error

Make fails with Virtual Alloc pointer is null error

Very rarely, building a project on Windows may result in an error similar to this:

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x350000, State 0x10000
\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

This is a problem that affects a tiny minority of customers, and depends on Ahwhat other applications they are running at the same time. This is caused by a feature in the MSYS binaries that we use to provide the the build environment for the MCUXpresso IDE on Windows.

If this happens, you can replace the file \ide\msys\bin\msys-1.0.dll within your MCUXpresso IDE install directory with the msys-1.0-alternate.dll file in the same directory (i.e. do a rename)

Note that this does not fix the problem, rather it moves DLL base address. Unfortunately, it is possible the error may occur with this replacement DLL too, again depending on what other applications are running. In which case you will need to revert to the original DLL again.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

gmin
Contributor I

Not that Very Rarely.
Thanks Erich Styger !

0 Kudos