取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

MCUXpresso Firmware Update & WDOG Complications

689 次查看
estacey
Contributor III

Does anyone know of a trick to be able to update firmware via the debugger during development while a watchdog timeout is low?  I've found that I cannot update via MCUXpresso unless my timeout is at least 2seconds but I'd like to be running with my desired timeout to increase the time to find a problem.   If I have it set to 0.5s, I have to change the jumper settings and update via the flash tool and change the jumper settings back. 

If I can't avoid the problem, I'd at least be able to run the debug target without the watchdog running at all.  I thought that is what the specification says it is the way it is supposed to work, but it doesn't.   Is there someway to determine this at runtime so I can skip enabling the watchdog?

Otherwise, I suppose I could enable the watchdog much later in the code, but that isn't very clean nor desirable, but could be a temporary work around.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Ellen

0 项奖励
1 回复

594 次查看
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello estacey@avg.net‌,

If you're updating a register via MCUXpresso it would help you to enable the debug mode for the WDOG, so if you stop the debug session the WDOG will stop until you resume it.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon 

0 项奖励