cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso BUG: Wrong arm mathlib for K64F

Jump to solution
davenadler
Senior Contributor I

MCUXpresso 11.1 on Windows 10, Kinetis K64F, using CMSIS DSP.
With MCUXpresso, I created a new FreeRTOS project.

Project generated contains a copy of math library libs\libarm_cortexM7l_math.a (and includes this library in .cproject).

Bug: K64F is not an M7, its an M4.
Consequently project fails to link with errors like:

.axf uses VFP register arguments, libarm_cortexM7l_math.a(arm_rfft_fast_init_f32.o) does not.

The required library file is arm_cortexM4lf_math.a !

NXP, can you please:

1. Tell me where you have hidden the arm CMSIS libraries!
    In prior MCUXpresso releases, they were installed under C:\NXP\CMSIS, for example:
    "C:\nxp\CMSIS\Lib\GCC\libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a"
    Prior MCUXpresso releases generated project with build variable CMSIS_LOC pointing to above directory, and did not place a copy within each project.
    Where is the correct library so I can add it to my project?
  2. Confirm you have reproduced this bug placed it in your bug tracker

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for reporting this. I confirm that we might end-up with M7-specific library even for K64. It's because of the SDK manifest - open SDK_2.7.0_FRDM-K64F.zip/FRDM-K64F_manifest_v3_6.xml and search for the M7 library to confirm this assumption.

I'd say you can locally address the problem yourself, given the fact that it'll take some time to get a fix for this. So, simply uninstall the SDK from MCUXpresso, patch the manifest, import the SDK again and recreate any projects you might have previously created.

I also logged a ticket to track this issue internally,

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
davenadler
Senior Contributor I

nxf54944‌ - I am using 11.1.1 and SDK 2.7. The project was created incorrectly by the 'new project wizard'.
When I manually updated the project's SDK options, I got the correct library.
I then had to manually correct the erroneous .cproject as the SDK update process mucked it up.
The cortex M7 math library should never be offered as an option for K64 as in your picture above!

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for reporting this. I confirm that we might end-up with M7-specific library even for K64. It's because of the SDK manifest - open SDK_2.7.0_FRDM-K64F.zip/FRDM-K64F_manifest_v3_6.xml and search for the M7 library to confirm this assumption.

I'd say you can locally address the problem yourself, given the fact that it'll take some time to get a fix for this. So, simply uninstall the SDK from MCUXpresso, patch the manifest, import the SDK again and recreate any projects you might have previously created.

I also logged a ticket to track this issue internally,

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

As I noted above, I was able to manually correct the project, though oddly I did not correct the manifest (just reselected the SDK components and edited .cproject). Thanks for logging the bug,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dave Nadler

Which  SDK version are you using? I tested the issue on my side and the CMSIS libraries were located at SDK_2.7.0_FRDM-K64F.zip\CMSIS\DSP\Lib\GCC

pastedImage_4.png

The project was created with no issues.

pastedImage_3.png

I suggest you use the latest release of the IDE that is 11.1.1 as well the latest SDK which is v2.7.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos