Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.4.1 Debugger Console. Path for the index cache directory

Jump to solution
luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi friends,

Someone has this message (apparent error in Debugging Console) when launch Debug action?,...

"C:
xp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\plugins\com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.4.0.202103011116 oolsinrm-none-eabi-gdb.exe: warning: Couldn't determine a path for the index cache directory."
(The message is a copy/paste from the console).

It seem a lost in path composition of the path,... but not clear where is the fault and how fix. The debugger seem works (in general),..

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Alice, many thanks for your link (I don't know why it not appear for me,... it was searched but,...),

About your answer,... apparently debug sessions works well,... it was tested in LPC845max board:

I loaded two full SDK' examples (SDK has been fully update), in both cases the error or warning appear when debug session is started.
1st Example. Demo "led_blinky". It seem work with the warning in the debug console. The debug session start (it activate the error in red text) but tha app run and red led blinks as expected.

2nd Example. Driver "gpio_led_output". It seem works, also, whith the warning in the debug console. As previous the error message is activate when debug start. Green led blinks when SW2 switch is pressed (uart data not tested,...)

Without more information I will closed this issue, if it appear some more data I will inform you.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello luis-martinez,

How about erase all your flash, and download a simple demo project ?

Does the program loaded can work well? If yes, you can ignore it , have a look at the below thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/warning-Couldn-t-determine-a-path-for-the-index-cache-di... 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Alice, many thanks for your link (I don't know why it not appear for me,... it was searched but,...),

About your answer,... apparently debug sessions works well,... it was tested in LPC845max board:

I loaded two full SDK' examples (SDK has been fully update), in both cases the error or warning appear when debug session is started.
1st Example. Demo "led_blinky". It seem work with the warning in the debug console. The debug session start (it activate the error in red text) but tha app run and red led blinks as expected.

2nd Example. Driver "gpio_led_output". It seem works, also, whith the warning in the debug console. As previous the error message is activate when debug start. Green led blinks when SW2 switch is pressed (uart data not tested,...)

Without more information I will closed this issue, if it appear some more data I will inform you.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos