cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.3.0, Program, Erase

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hi.
I want to program or erase a microcontroller from MCUXpresso, not run a Debug session, just program or erase the chip (Kinetis or i.MX RT).

I see that in the left column are the three programmers that I have, NXP Link Server board, PEMicro and SEGGER Jlink, and in each of them there are four options for Debug, Attach to a running target, Program Flash and Erase Flash.

I have tried all four options on each of the three programmers, but a Debug session always runs, I can't program or erase the chip. I also tried running the second option "attach to a running target" and then trying to run Program or Erase, but it doesn't work either.

I attach a screenshot of the options that come out for each programmer. For my final product I want to program the microcontrollers with read protection by modifying the Flash_Config in the Startup file and I would also like to test that once the Read protection and not allow Erase bits are enabled, the chip can no longer be read or erased .

Used the SEGGER Jlink programmer with the Jflash software I can program, read and erase, but I would like to do it from MCUXpresso and with any of the three programmers that I use.

Regards

MCUXpresso_Program.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi luishs,

Yes, it can't work in this version. But you can use GUI Flash Tool to program/erase. Its icon is in IDE's tool bar.

Regards,

Jing

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Yes, I can confirm this (found out yesterday too): this is not working as expected in 11.3.0, but works as expected in 11.2.1.

So using 11.2.1 for this is my current workaround.

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Just to close this out ... this issue was fixed in IDE 11.3.1.

0 Kudos