MCUXpresso 11.1 crashes on startup (Mac OS Mojave)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.1 crashes on startup (Mac OS Mojave)

drsmith_yorku
Contributor III

One of my students tried to run MCUXpresso 11.1 on a Mac OS X (Mojave) machine and it crashed.  The splash screen appeared and then a window overlaid that said "An error has occurred. See the log file null."

I don't know how to debug this.  Which log file and where is it located?

James

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

SanyaadeAdekoya
Contributor I

Hi Everybody,

I found that if I install an SDK into the MCUXprsso IDE then it will go into loop and started to crash.

The Eclipse IDE itself (MCUXpresso IDE) works very well without any SDK install. I could compile plain C programs

My previous install works very well untill I installed the latest version but now I have to downgrade to find which version will works very well without crashing.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for providing your work around. Could you please confirm if the SDK you installl through MCUXpresso IDE directly or do you download it externally on our website then import it?

0 Kudos

SanyaadeAdekoya
Contributor I

sabinabruce

Both of them have caused mcuxpressoide to crash. I installed SDK via wizard from the IDE, then open a sample blink sample project then the IDE started to crash continuously no matter what I did or close and re-open the IDE. Next built and downloaded the SDK from the website then imported into the ide same problem occurred. I even uninstall, purge, reboot and the installed, the IDE again and then repeated the above steps all to no avail. None work and IDE kept crashing that moment you import SDK sample project into the IDE.

I am on Ubuntu Linux 18.04

I will it a try MCUXpressoIDE on Windows but switch between platforms when building a project can be a frustrating experience.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The .log file will be found in the workspace path that was created within the ".metadata" folder.

Could you please try creating a new workspace, see if it causes this error? If not please try importing a new project from the SDK and build it to see if it causes the same error.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

SanyaadeAdekoya
Contributor I

I also having this problem on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, keeps crashing when run. I have uninstall, reboot then re-install three time but to no success.

I will try previous version to see if this is compatibility issues.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Is this the IDE or the installer?

0 Kudos

drsmith_yorku
Contributor III

It's the IDE, after installation.  I went into the Applications folder on the student's computer and ran the binary that had been installed there.

James

0 Kudos