cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.1.1 and LPC54608 USART issue

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hello to everyone,

I've just downloaded a new mcuxpresso version IDE, and imported SDK example "usart interrupt" but when I compiling the project I have an error as showed below:

pastedImage_1.png

it result that kCLOCK_Flexcomm0 is not defined

pastedImage_2.png

I suppose there is something wrong on definition file "fsl_clock.h".

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks  a lot.

Marco

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you plan to use with LPC54606J512, then you should choose that as your SDK. 

I imported the example using SDK LPC54606J512 on MCUXpresso  11.1.1 and even changing the variable to what we have discussed does not generate any warnings or errors.

pastedImage_1.png

Could you please attach your project, so I can  test it on my computer. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

how can I import project for LPC54606 ? I can import project for only microcontroller that exist a board, like LPC54608 ?

Am I wrong ?

Best Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco,

When you import an SDK project you will select the evaluation board LPCXpresso54608. However, at the bottom you will find the SDK of the microcontroller that this board supports. In this case LPC54606, you only need to make sure that you downloaded the SDK as well in order to see the option.

pastedImage_1.png

Once you select LPC54606, you can click next. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco,

Hope you are doing well.

I have tested this example on MCUXpresso 11.1.1 and the SDK version 2.7.0 with no problem. However, I did find interesting that your image above for the CLOCK_getfrequency it is different from mine. 

pastedImage_1.png

Did you make a modification to state kCLOCK_Flexcomm0?

If so, please note that the variable you are using does not actually exist it is not declared therefore it does not have a value. You will not be able to replace the zero with the variable kCLOCK_Flexcomm0 unless you define it above as 0.

This define is not being used in this example pastedImage_2.png

If you would like to use the already defined variable from the driver it is kCLOCK_FlexComm0.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

HI Sabina,

thank for your kind reply.

Yeh, I'm doing well, thanks.

I did not any modification to example code  and I did not modify kCLOCK_Flexcomm0. The example is how it is.

I know that the variable not exist anymore in fsl_clock.h,

pastedImage_1.png

but is used on the example as I posted before.

what could I have done wrong ? Also there are other example that present similar problem....

I have done new test about this issue:

I used MCUXpresso ver.11.1.1 and SDK version 2.7.0 generated for LPC54606J512 (because the board will have this micro).

I can't have example for LPC54606 so I import example for LPC54608, if I use SDK generated for LPC54606 I have error as I show you, 

if I use SDK generated for LPC54608 the compiling is ok and I have the same function as you show to me.

Now my question is: wich way is the correct one to proceed in my case ?

Best Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco,

In fsl_clock.h, the definition is kCLOCK_FlexComm0(It is with a capital C).

You will find it inside typedef enum _clock_ip_name struct:

pastedImage_4.png

Please let me know if you are able to find it.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

I found it, the struct is declared above the "clock_name", but if I choose this struct I have a warning because the right struct is "clock_name" not "clock_ip_name".

I report here what I was asking the previous time:

I used MCUXpresso ver.11.1.1 and SDK version 2.7.0 generated for LPC54606J512 (because the board will have this micro).

I can't have example for LPC54606 so I import example for LPC54608, if I use SDK generated for LPC54606 I have error as I show you, 

if I use SDK generated for LPC54608 the compiling is ok and I have the same function as you show to me.

Now my question is: wich way is the correct one to proceed in my case ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Marco

0 Kudos