Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.0.0 doesn't build project

Jump to solution
biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded and installed MCUXpresso 11.0.0, then I've installed an SDK (based on MK66F2M0VMD18) that I've created with online builder and finally I've created a new project using this SDK.

The problem is that I'm not able to build the project: I receive the message "Nothing to build for project ...". The project haven't been built before.

I've searched online for a solution, but with no success.

How can I build the project?

Many thanks

Biafra

1 Solution
biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice_Yang‌,

I've tried your suggestions.

- Project clean, then build: didn't work :smileysad:

- Add code, then build: didn't work :smileysad:

- Import SDK example, then build: worked :smileyhappy:

- Create new project, then build: worked :smileyconfused:

Then I remembered: in the preceeding project I moved sources outside working directory and then I imported them again as directory link. This operation excluded all sources from build.

After the correct settings, now the project can be built.

Many thanks

Biafra

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dimitarmarinov
Contributor II

Hello biafra,

there is a durty solution to the problem - import SDK example that builds OK, then replace the sources in the project with your sources.

Then you can also compare the project files (.cproject and ,project) of the project that builds and the other that does not build with a text comparison tool. I am pretty sure you will find which setting is wrong.

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi dimitarmarinov‌,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I solved the problem in a similar way: I created a new project and I immediately built it with no problem; so I remembered that in my first project I moved all sources outside working directory. When I moved only few sources of my second project, I discovered that that sources weren't built: after a check I found that that sources had been excluded from build.

Many thanks

Biafra

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Francesco Bianchini ,

- How about clean the project through " Right click your project" -> Clean project :

pastedImage_1.png

then build it again by click "Build" button under "Quickstart Panel":

pastedImage_2.png

- If still can't work, add some code in your project, build .

- If still can't work , how bout SDK demo ?

- You can also show the steps you create new project, and send your new project to me.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice_Yang‌,

I've tried your suggestions.

- Project clean, then build: didn't work :smileysad:

- Add code, then build: didn't work :smileysad:

- Import SDK example, then build: worked :smileyhappy:

- Create new project, then build: worked :smileyconfused:

Then I remembered: in the preceeding project I moved sources outside working directory and then I imported them again as directory link. This operation excluded all sources from build.

After the correct settings, now the project can be built.

Many thanks

Biafra

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I have some news.

If I select a c file (it doesn't matter which one) and try to build it (through Build Selected File(s) option), I get this error in the Error Log view:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

The strange thing is that the message says that the java version is 1.8.0_201, but in my system there is the version 1.8.0_211 installed:

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

Is there some installation problems?

Many thanks

Biafra