cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 10.2.0 New Install. Program "make" not found in PATH

Jump to solution
jbeale
Contributor I

I just did a new install of MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.0 with SDK_2.2_MKL16Z128xxx4 on Windows 10.

According to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf , "MCUXpresso IDE is based on the Eclipse IDE and includes the industry standard ARM GNU toolchain."

I tried opening a project  for KL16Z128 and compiling. I get an error saying it cannot find the "make" command in PATH.

Clearly I do not have a correct install of all the needed software.

Are there some directions online to take me from a clean Win10 system with no dev software, to a working MCUXpresso system including some sort of working toolchain to compile the code eg. GNU C compiler?  I seem to have skipped some steps somewhere, but don't see clear instructions about installing everything from scratch.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The IDE comes with all the necessary tools, including make. I think your KL16Z project is configured for a different setup or IDE? Can you create a new project from of the KL16 SDK you have installed (Quickstart Panel, use 'New project...'):

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GtrejoS
Contributor I

I am having a similar issue trying to import a KDS project into MCUxpresso IDE, it thows me the following error:

GtrejoS_0-1623612760895.png

any solution to this?

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @GtrejoS ,

if you want (and need) to use Kinetis Design Studio projects in MCUXpresso IDE, you need to install extra plugins.

See https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/04/02/mcuxpresso-ide-importing-kinetis-design-studio-projects/ for details.

Going forward, keep in mind that KDS is legacy and the recommendation is to use native MCUXpresso projects instead.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

KDS and MCUXpresso projects are not compatible, so, while you can import the projects from KDS, the setup is entirely different. You’ll have to create a new project and copy your sources across.

0 Kudos
mpazzi
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I have installed MCUXpresso and imported SKD example about FRDMK66_freedom_bootloader, but when I try to compile I have an error on file "fat_directory_entry.h" that the include file wchar.h do not exists.

Also in C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> GNUC I read below "Using relative paths is ambiguos and not recommended. It can cause unexpected effects" , in MCUXpresso previous version this it was not neccesary to configure.

Where I'm wronging ?

Thanks for helps

Marco

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The IDE comes with all the necessary tools, including make. I think your KL16Z project is configured for a different setup or IDE? Can you create a new project from of the KL16 SDK you have installed (Quickstart Panel, use 'New project...'):

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

jbeale
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. Yes, a new project compiles as expected. My problem was in the older project being configured differently.

0 Kudos